Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Earn/Redeem Miles on Northwest Beginning April 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2003, 2:48 am
Original Poster

This hasn’t been announced officially, but Northwest Airlines employees are reporting that DL/NW will begin their reciprocal mileage agreement beginning April 1. Similar discussion on this topic is occurring in the Northwest Airlines forum . It’s being reported there that the reciprocal lounge agreement will begin April 1 as well, but I haven’t heard any further information on that, nor have I heard whether or not DL/CO agreement will begin that date as well. The codeshare between DL/NW will NOT begin April 1.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:37 am

Hmmm - may have to take that $390 inc taxes NW flight CVG-LGW for a fun weekend in May then. Of course I can probably expect 0.5 MQM (or even lower ..... shudder ) from DL but I wonder if NW and CO will take the opportunity to apply fare class based multipliers to earning miles on DL flights.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Can I use a DL DBC voucher to pay for my WorldClub membership?
Old Feb 28, 2003, 10:42 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
I hope that this goes though. Back in January NW had a HNL sale from ATL and CVG for $296.39 total. We are booked for early May. For that price we are taking my wife's parents on vacation.

Dumb question, I made FO for 2003 from leisure trips to Norway and Chile and my SM AmEx. Do you think that they will still only give me half credit towards MQM even if transfered from NW? Just curoius cause this may give me a chance to re-qualify for FO. BTW, FT has made for some great reading and I've learned alot from all the posts.

Now what to do with these MSU's before they make like bunnies and multiply. Just into smaller bunnies.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

CVGHostage,

Details of the reciprocal agreement haven't been announced, so I can only guess. NW's lowest fares - whether they're published, sale or price-matching a discounter, are "K" - no U/T to distinguish them from so unless DL only assigns .5MQM to ALL NW K fares, you should earn full MQM.

Many CO flights post to my NW account as "Y" fares, even though they're "T" (T = cheapest). Perhaps NW will
Old Mar 1, 2003, 3:52 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
There's a translation of cross-airline fare codes that I haven't figured out.

Before UA was nice enough to throw me some status, I used to use my DL# on UA flights. I'd fly UA in Y (actual class paid) and it would appear on my DL statement as D class.

D on Delta is discounted C (like A is to F or B is to Y). Now, rest assured, DL did not give me 125% miles credit (then the applicable bonus for C/D/I/J), nor did I get a 100% GM bonus.

A previous post talks about fares classes mixed up between NW and CO, too.

We'll see.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 8:29 pm

When you fly UA with your SM#, you get "bonus miles" not "base miles." NW may be the same initially. Pure speculation on my part, BTW.

-cwk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.