Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Are the promotions proof that Delta made a mistake?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are the promotions proof that Delta made a mistake?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2003, 4:04 pm

I wouldn't register even if I did receive one of the targeted promos because I've decided to fly UA for paid trips and Delta for "freebies".
Old Feb 26, 2003, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marq:
[B]Humaniod:

Then, I realized that I am booked every week except one during the promo period. I wonder if they check reservations and provide these promos to those who have not booked?B]</font>
Oh how interesting. Can others elaborate on their what they have booked for the future? I automatically try my SM number and a co-workers on these promotions. Our travel volume is nearly the same. I was eligible for 3 of them...my coworker none of them. He has iteneraries booked through May on most weeks. I have been behind and only have stuff booked for the next two weeks.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 5:07 pm

indufan:

I think we may be on to something!!! Of course, not something good.

marc
Old Feb 26, 2003, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I have about 12,000 MQM thus far, but I have absol;utely nothing booked for the future as yet. I didn't try all of bruce's list, but three let me register... unfortunately, I cannot recall which ones let me register. That is a reflection on how much I DON'T care and how much it doesn't matter. Because any flights I take in 2004 will be award flights!
Old Feb 26, 2003, 6:19 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Canarsie:
The name is Humaniod, not Humanoid.

Edited to add that I have booked this year and I still was targeted.

[This message has been edited by Canarsie (edited 02-26-2003).]
</font>
It actually should be Humanoid, but I screwed up when I registered so I'm stuck with Humaniod. Either is fine with me.

Canarsie, thanks for looking out for me.

Old Feb 26, 2003, 6:32 pm

Last week I was on vacation at a bed and breakfast in Mexico. In a discussion with the owner, he said that visitors to his B&B from Canada and the U.S. was off 70% from last year. That's a huge number. I consider Mexico to be safe from terrorism, so it must be the economy that is hurting him. Travel is off for all the airlines. My point is that it is too soon to determine what effect the changes to the Skymiles program are having on Delta's pasengers. There are too many other rather large issues that are clouding the picture, I.E. the economy, war in Iraq, etc.

------------------
Richard Laakso PM MM Starwood platinum
Old Feb 26, 2003, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Humaniod:
It actually should be Humanoid, but I screwed up when I registered so I'm stuck with Humaniod. Either is fine with me.

Canarsie, thanks for looking out for me.
</font>
No problem!

I figured you chose that name because there already was another Humanoid, but I guess I was wrong. However, this has happened to other FlyerTalkers.

Don't change it though. It is unique!
Old Feb 27, 2003, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Bruce, what is interesting to me is that my wife and I who are both GM's received different offers in the mail today.

I was offered a choice of 5k bonus miles, 3 months access to the CRC, a $50 Amex gift cheque or an upgrade for myself or my companion. My better half was only offered the 3 months access to the CRC.

BTW, I already have a CRC membership, and you would think that DL with it's sophisticated software would be aware of this fact before sending me the offer.

The bottom line is that neither one of us is flying DL until the FF program is improved. It's AA & MRTC for us.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 7:09 pm

I DID get a letter...12,000 mqm for 15,000 bonus. Luckily, I have 12,973 booked during timeframe.

marc
Old Feb 27, 2003, 7:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Received letter offer-----15,000 bonus miles for 8000 MQM
Old Feb 27, 2003, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I'm curious what their elite level is, their home airport and how many miles the recipients of these targeted specials have flown? Perhaps there is a madness to DL's way?
Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:07 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Pm for me--spouse is GM--Lax-based. No promos here and ineligible for all on-line promos which Bruce cited. Curious to know as to whether any other westcoasters were able to register or received targeted promotions. Is DLtotally writing off the West Coast?
Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
O2K....no mail from DL and haven't been able to sign up for any of the online promos.
I have more trips booked...and more MQM's racked up...this year than last at this point. Could be one factor in why I'm being ignored and mistreated.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:19 pm

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obscure2k:
Pm for me--spouse is GM--Lax-based. No promos here and ineligible for all on-line promos which Bruce cited. Curious to know as to whether any other westcoasters were able to register or received targeted promotions. Is DLtotally writing off the West Coast? </font>
In over 12 years I have never received an email or letter promotion that was not also offered to every frequent flyer.

I'm a west coaster and we have always seen slow continued reductions is service. There is no longer any such thing as a pacific caost flight. All must connect through SLC. PDX has died as a hub to the Pacific Rim. How much longer will DL continue to serve SEA?

Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">How much longer will DL continue to serve SEA?</font>
Hope for at least another 96 hours.....I'm flying up there Monday morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.