More On PM Mileage Carry-over Promotion

Old Feb 28, 03, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
More On PM Mileage Carry-over Promotion

Well, this is good news. I received an email today from DL that explained that base miles were carried over into 2004 MQM miles for flights between Oct 15 and Dec 15, 2002. The email went on to say the any promotional base miles earned during that time period would be added to the MQM by mid-March. It specifically mentioned bonus shuttle base miles, but if I read this correctly, then the Amex 10K threshold base miles should also carry over! Anyone else read this any differently?

Email text:

Dear Mr. ******,

We are pleased to inform you that you have earned 8,121 base miles on Delta-coded flights between October 15, 2002, and December 15, 2002, that will count towards your 2004 Medallion® qualification. The miles have been added to the Medallion Qualification Miles* counter in your SkyMiles account—in accordance with qualification guidelines for 2003 Medallion status. This means each base mile earned was applied as one (1) mile to your Medallion Qualification Miles counter.

Any base miles that were earned as a result of other promotions (i.e. Triple Base Miles on Delta Shuttle) will count toward 2004 Medallion qualification even though they are not included in the total above. These promotional base miles will be added to your Medallion Qualification Miles counter by mid-March and will appear as a separate entry on your statement.

Since these miles have already posted to your SkyMiles account, you will only see a mileage increase in your Medallion Qualification Miles counter. We'd also like to point out that you will find similar entries to those below when you review your statement. These entries are necessary to adjust the Medallion Qualification Miles counter. However, please be assured that the Current Mileage Balance in your SkyMiles account remains unchanged after these adjustments.

[This message has been edited by RobertS975 (edited 02-28-2003).]

[This message has been edited by RobertS975 (edited 02-28-2003).]
Old Feb 28, 03, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm glad to read this.
Old Feb 28, 03, 7:02 pm
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
This is the e-mail that I was promised yesterday when I spoke with the SkyMiles Service Center about my missing Shuttle triple promotional base miles See the other thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/009502.html

They kept their word!

Bruce
Old Feb 28, 03, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Robert:

I just made GM this past Christmas.. always haave been a FO. What does this carry over mean for me? Does it apply to all Medallions? I'm assuming from DL's propoganda, that I would be at least a FO during 2004 (thou shalt not drop more than one level)..

Is this carry over of miles between Oct-Dec 2002 something I missed??

I'm VERY interested, as I have both a VPS-LGW and VPS-NRT trip during that time, in addition to a trip to DCA, TPA and ATL. Lots of base miles!!!!

Thanks
Steve G

[This message has been edited by heckler (edited 02-28-2003).]
Old Feb 28, 03, 9:29 pm

heckler:

This applies ONLY to PMs who made PM for 2003 by 9/18/02.

sorry,
marc
Old Feb 28, 03, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Poop.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: