DL/CO codeshare agreement?

Old Feb 25, 03, 7:11 am
Original Poster

DL/CO codeshare agreement?

Hi there. I am not a frequent flier (maybe 5 flights per year). One flight I want to make this year is in May. DL does not have any departures at the time of day I want to leave, but CO has a perfect flight. I currently have no CO miles, so I would love to buy this ticket and gain DL miles. I don't fly often enough to open a CO account just to get miles for this flight. Is there any hope of this DL/CO codeshare agreeement going thru by May? Has anyone heard anything concrete?
Old Feb 25, 03, 7:40 am
Moderator: Travel with Pets

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
bobmann, unfortunately none of the members of this board do part-time work as fortune tellers.

Your guess is as good as ours. The odds are not in your favor.considering the fact that we near the end of February, and you are talking May travel.
Old Feb 25, 03, 7:41 am
Moderator: Travel with Pets

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
bobmann, please forgive my rudeness, welcome to the DL board of FT.

Rssrsvp - Private Poster & Moderator
Old Feb 25, 03, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
bobmann...welcome to FT! The codeshare is still up in the air (excuse the pun). May or may not happen prior to your flight. I would suggest logging onto www.continental.com and registering for a OnePass number. It'll just take you a few minutes, doesn't cost anything and....I'm not familiar with the CO program....you might also get a sign up bonus.
Old Feb 25, 03, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I was afraid that I'd have to register with CO and just start accruing miles with them. Again, I don't fly very often, so I am hesitatnt to open a third freq flier account (I also have USAir) since it would then take me eons to get enough miles for anything. Oh well. From what I've read, FF programs might be going down in flames anyway, so what do it matter? Thanks for the help...
Old Feb 27, 03, 5:36 pm

For what it is worth, There is a post on the NW board that says:

"Word is that club access and "earning and burning" will start on APR 1, and hopefully a full codeshare starting in fall."

Search this Thread