Wiki Posts
Search

Is this correct?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Prisoner #347921
Is this correct?

Under the old rules of the Skymiles program, you earned the actual mileage flown OR 500 miles depending on whichever was greater. Am I to understand that under the new changes you will not be guaranteed 500 miles if flying U, L, or T? I have never attained medallion status, but when travelling to and from Tallahassee where I live, it was always nice to know that I could count on an extra 1000 miles just by being routed through Atlanta. Can anyone confirm or deny whether this is true? Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The minimum SkyMiles per flight is still 500. The minimum Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) per flight is now 250 (for insULT fares).

Here's a suggestion: The title of this thread doesn't say anything at all useful. If you have a specific question, you should state it in the title.

Bruce
(Moderator)
Old Feb 27, 2003, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
What he Bruce means is that you still get your miles as before, they just don't all count towards medallion qualification status. So in your case, since you do not fly enough to make medallion, the changes will not impact you in any significant way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.