How to find out my sisters skymiles number?

Old Feb 25, 2003, 2:58 am
Original Poster

How to find out my sisters skymiles number?

The last couple of days I have been calling Delta to transfer all my remaining Delta Skymiles to Hilton Hhonors but I do have one problem.

I cant find my sister number and even though I know her address in the profile, pin code, contact number and her first and only DL flight delta in Sweden refuse to give me her number.

They did gave me her number a few weeks but I have lost the note since

What can I do? Call back until they give it to me? I need to transfer those points before the 28th of Feb which is the last date for the transfer.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

Let's see.

Find an old statement?
Find a boarding pass?
If you ever logged into the Delta site and your browser "remembers" what you typed, can you find it there?
Did you book the flight through a travel agent who might have the number?
Have your sister call and ask?
Book a fully refundable ticket, and THEN call back and ask Delta to find the number to apply to the ticket.

Good luck.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Kempis, I don't think they're likely to give you the number. My father has the same name as I do (but he's not a Medallion). I've sprung a few "surprise" upgrades on him in the past, but DL has always demanded that I give them his SkyMiles number -- they wouldn't tell me what it was. In fact, they wouldn't even tell me which flights he was on, so I had to have that info, too.

Fortunately, I'm on good terms with the admin ladies in his department, and they'll give me the information.

If I were in your position, I'd just call Sister up and get the info from her.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Thanx for the advices so far. I doubt that my sisters knows here account number so I will probably book a Y ticket and call Delta and ask them to put the number in the booking and then just cancel the reservation.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 7:19 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
What I've done always worked for me. I call up DL and tell them that I am about to book a flight for me and my family online. However, I don't have the frequent flyer numbers for them. (Sound clueless.) Then they always give them to me.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
What if you (or a female friend) just called Delta and claimed to be your sister? Wouldn't they give HER her own SkyMiles number? Try it with your own number and see what happens.

You should know everything about your sister that Delta knows (address, date of birth, etc.), so you should be able to impersonate her easily enough. Seems harmless -- you aren't trying to defraud anybody.

Bruce
Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Gold
Bruce's method has worked for me as well when I was trying to get numbers for family members.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Kempis, perhaps I am missing something here, but why can't your sister call for herself?
Old Feb 25, 2003, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

I dont even think my sister knows she is a Delta Skymiles member I did sign up her prior to her ARN-JFK-LAX flight a few years ago.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 10:24 am

Very interesting everyone complains when Delta enforces their rules but this board goes out of it's way to tell people how to circumvent the FF system and rules.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by firstmob:
Very interesting everyone complains when Delta enforces their rules but this board goes out of it's way to tell people how to circumvent the FF system and rules.</font>

------------------
Vasant
Old Feb 26, 2003, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by firstmob:
Very interesting everyone complains when Delta enforces their rules but this board goes out of it's way to tell people how to circumvent the FF system and rules.</font>
Maybe I'm missing something. What "rule" is anybody trying to circumvent? Somebody wants to know his sister's SkyMiles number -- for a valid reason, not to commit fraud against her or against Delta. That doesn't seem like a matter for Delta to worry about very much.

Bruce
Old Feb 26, 2003, 10:59 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I would really take issue with the request from kempis if it entailed attempting to obtain his sister's password to her SkyMiles account.

If anybody wanted to know my SkyMiles number, all that person would have to do is look on my SkyMiles luggage tag on my luggage in the overhead compartment on the airplane. What is the difference?

For the most part, in my years on FlyerTalk (including before registering, of course), anybody who attempts to blatantly get out-of-line will be chastised accordingly by the other members of the community.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 11:13 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

...then again, I just found this thread in the Hilton forum by the same author who started this thread.

Now I am starting to wonder...
Old Feb 26, 2003, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
I dont even think my sister knows she is a Delta Skymiles member I did sign up her prior to her ARN-JFK-LAX flight a few years ago.</font>
Again I will ask what I thought was a simple enough question, why can't your sister call for herself?

Edited for spelling error. Forgot to use the spell-check tool that I recommended to everyone.

[This message has been edited by Rssrsvp (edited 02-26-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.