Wiki Posts
Search

CO no longer granting Elite Status match

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Location: Omaha, NE NW Plat, DL Gold, CO Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
CO no longer granting Elite Status match

Speaking with a department head at OnePass today trying to expedite approval of my status match, was informed as of Jan 31 CO is no longer granting Elite Status match to DL flyers as DL is now a "partner" airline.

Upside is when DL & CO complete integration of frequent flyer programs, DL flyers will enjoy benefits similar to the CO/NWA relationship.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to FT, ShannonP. Did your source mention whether NW had also discontinued status match? Also, any other info would be appreciated relative to the implementation of this alliance.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Location: Omaha, NE NW Plat, DL Gold, CO Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Did not know of NWA status as this was a OnePass employee. Would be safe to assume situation is the same as NWA is a partner now also.

Individual I spoke with has been trying to get information as to when the integration would be resolved but has not yet rec'd an answer.

Also told me there would likely be some changes to the OnePass program but nothing drastic as OnePass benefits are a very important marketing tool.

Commented that the CO ticket offcice where I submitted my FF info ATL) was sending in an average of 7 requests per week from DL flyers for comp status.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:43 pm

So, does this mean that us PMs can still fly FC next year on CO and NW and still keep qualifying on DL? I would like to make MM before I retire so I can have some basic benefits when I retire.

marc
Old Feb 25, 2003, 8:55 pm

Location: Laguna Beach, CA; Former DL everything, now AA/AS everything; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; and all that other stuff!!
Interestingly a friend at CO marketing comped me PE status last year when I mentioned I was think of buying a lifetime P Club membership...have since changed my mind. Anyways, I never flew CO last year and last week I received a continuation of my PE status through 2/04. After 22 loyal years of flying DL, I'll give CO the revenue now.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 9:58 pm

A couple points:

- A co-worker moved from ATL and contacted both CO and NW today to inquire about comps. CO suggested

- DL is not yet a NW/CO partner. There's no guaratee NW/CO will extend elite benefits to DL flyers -- a DL flyer may be able to fly NW/CO and gain elite miles, but not elite benefits.

- Marq: there's no guarantee NW/CO - which offer a totally different FF program that DL - will extend their benefitst to FL flyers. It's just a codeshare.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:08 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
Marq: there's no guarantee NW/CO - which offer a totally different FF program that DL - will extend their benefitst to FL flyers.</font>
...extend their benefists? Personally, that eerily sounds like more than a Freudian slip to me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.