DL 581 Jan 22, 2003 -- too many Non-Revs

Old Feb 24, 03, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

DL 581 Jan 22, 2003 -- too many Non-Revs

Let me provide you a very specific example for someone at DL to review:

January 22, 2003
Flight 581 LGA to ATL

Nearly half of FC (on a 767 no less) was filled with management NRSAs. As a PM, I was upgraded, then my status changed to 'Waitlist', then to a seat in back by the lav.

To add insult to injury, little did I realize that this group of DL employees were also the large group that was in the LGA CRC sitting in the "Quiet Area" (no cell phones, etc.) making noise that the entire room could hear while knocking back a few after a "hard day at work" [sic]. Apparently DL employees get use of CRCs when travelling for 'work'.

Thanks to the check in machines at the Jetway door, I was able to stand there and capture all the names of the NRSAs that boarded (and then later consumed most of the overhead baggage space) in FC. I figured it would not be appropriate to name specific names here since FoPAA has told us in other threads that DL can tell who they are.

Cheers.
Old Feb 24, 03, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA,DL,UA,US
Why does everyone have to re-hash this. Employees are allowed to travel in the forward cabin if it is available. They will (should) not be upgraded before you. I wonder why your status was changed to waitlist?

It has been this way for years, and should continue to be. This is a benny for airline employees and I have no problem with this. As for the comotion in the CRC, that is uncalled for and they should not be allowed in. I know that AA does not allow their employees access to their clubs, with exception for their senior management.

[This message has been edited by G- five (edited 02-24-2003).]
Old Feb 24, 03, 12:43 pm

Programs: delta/song
DL does lot let their empoyees into ANY clubs. I don't know about management. If they did make such a ruckus, I would have told a supervisor. Amazing how management is treated so differently from the blue collar employee. Not Fair!
Old Feb 24, 03, 12:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vetteset:
DL does lot let their empoyees into ANY clubs. I don't know about management. If they did make such a ruckus, I would have told a supervisor. Amazing how management is treated so differently from the blue collar employee. Not Fair!</font>
What this person should have done is to let the person tending the desk in the clubroom know that he suspected they were DL employees and that they were making a disturbing commotion. As to what management is entitled to, if you want those bennies then move to management. Nothing is stopping you.
Old Feb 24, 03, 2:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AS Flyer:
...if you want those bennies then move to management. Nothing is stopping you. </font>
Nothing, except the glass ceiling.

Old Feb 24, 03, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Delta does not allow employees in the Crown Room, they can not even buy a membership. I was asked to leave the CRC in CVG while traveling on a SA ticket (Parents pass) and this was in spite of the fact that I was a MM/PM.

------------------
former EA exec travler, AA GA. US Gold. Current DL MM, PM Marriott PL, SPG PL, Hilton Gold HH
Old Feb 24, 03, 6:58 pm

Sorry, as a FA I have neither the resources nor the knowledge to look up who was on that flight. I can only concur with Vetteset et al. that employees aren't allowed in CRC's, and I really don't know priorities for company business.
Old Feb 24, 03, 7:46 pm

Location: Hotlanta, GA; Starwood Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
DL_flyer,

When did you clear for the upgrade? Although, it shouldn't matter.... Did you upgrade on-line at time of booking?

I would have raised hell after getting knocked down from a confirmed upgrade. Its not like coach where they oversell. From what I have read here, F is not oversold almost without exception. I cannot think of one situation where your seat could be given away. Maybe somebody else can?
Old Feb 24, 03, 8:33 pm

I drug this little quote over from the other non-rev thread (page 3)

I thought NRSA's could not displace an upgrading revenue passenger?

My comment and then a response:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by CountinPlaces:
It would seem logical in a struggling time for Delta that they would follow this procedure:
No NRSA's - period! if the plane can be filled with revenue paying passengers

No NRSA's - In the front of the plane - period! - if there are people on board who paid to have an upgradeable ticket.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
</font>

Then you will be delighted to know that this IS Delta's policy, and ALWAYS HAS BEEN! for domestic flights.

Old Feb 24, 03, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I cannot think of one situation where your seat could be given away. Maybe somebody else can?</font>
Maybe the Feds were repositioning a squadron of Air Marshalls from LGA to ATL?!

[This message has been edited by Cholula (edited 02-24-2003).]
Old Feb 24, 03, 10:56 pm

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Razzle-D:
I cannot think of one situation where your seat could be given away. Maybe somebody else can?</font>
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/009261.html
Old Feb 24, 03, 11:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
Maybe the Feds were repositioning a squadron of Air Marshalls from LGA to ATL?! </font>
Air Marshalls only sit in FC when working the particular flight. Must have been a Code Red flight. Other than that senior management probably can book in FC but must have been very SENIOR!
Old Feb 25, 03, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FoPAA:
I can only concur with Vetteset et al. that employees aren't allowed in CRC's</font>
I have been told this by many DL employees. I agree that the behavior ascribed to the DL managers was unseemly.
Old Feb 25, 03, 8:01 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vetteset:
DL does lot let their empoyees into ANY clubs. I don't know about management.</font>
After looking up some of the names that I captured via Google, some of them are Delta Technology executive management (people that report directly to Curtis Robb). Perhaps Delta Technology employees can enjoy the benefits of NRSA travel without any of the restrictions (CRC access, etc.) Could someone provide a clarification? Thanks.

Cheers.
Old Feb 25, 03, 9:18 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Oops, misposted

[This message has been edited by andymo99 (edited 02-25-2003).]

Search this Thread