Skymiles AMEX and MQM mile bonus

Old Feb 24, 03, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Skymiles AMEX and MQM mile bonus

There has been some question about whether or not Skymiles Platinum users will still get the 10,000 "base" mile bonus.

A recent mailer offered me Platinum status, with 10,000 MQM bonus for spending 25,000 plus a 5,000 MQM bonus for upgrading. I use my card for business, so I'm a certain upgrade to Silver again, and might have a prayer for Gold.

Just thought I would pass this on.

Rebelyell
Old Feb 25, 03, 7:21 am
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The question has been resolved by responses from Delta and at least one person's experience. The AMEX Delta Platinum Optima $25,000 annual-spending bonus is definitely 10,000 MQMs. This is no longer a question, really.

Bruce
Old Feb 25, 03, 9:13 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
It does seem to be resolved, but Amex/DL continue to fuel the confusion.

With my Skymiles statement received yesterday (the November statement, which arrived about a week after the new-format December statement), I got an insert touting the Platinum Amex, saying

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">...You can earn 10,000 base miles at the end of every year...</font>
Old Feb 25, 03, 9:38 am
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Getting rid of old stock!

Bruce
Old Feb 25, 03, 12:37 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/009184.html

This is a recent thread on this topic.

------------------
gt0138d - a certified George P Burdell clone...

Search this Thread