Miles for air france consolidator fare?

Old Feb 23, 03, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Miles for air france consolidator fare?

My mother needs to go to India. She is planning on buying a consolidator ticket travelling on AF. The agent told me that ticket is in T class. Will my mother be able to receive DL miles for this. How about status miles. Status miles are not very important as I don't think she will do any further DL travel, but miles are important as India is almost 18K miles.
Old Feb 23, 03, 7:59 pm

According to DL an Air France T fare earns 1.0 MQM and is eligible for accrual of SkyMiles.
Old Feb 24, 03, 1:55 am

Location: DC ... NW Plat Elite, Hilton HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond, Avis PS+, happily a _former_ DL PM
however, many tickets sold through consolidators are not eligable for miles (status or otherwise), regardless of the fare bucket into which the ticket is placed.

after it has been issued i would ask AF to add her DL SM number to it and see what they say. it never hurts to try, but don't be disappointed if you're tunred down.

(ps i was _not_ allowed to add my SM number to a DL ticket purchased through a consolidator in June '97 ... the last time i purchased such a ticket. i do not recall the fare bucket, but it was ~$600 r/t DCA-FRA when the going rate was ~$900+ with 7 days notice)

Search this Thread