Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chautaqua Air (ie: Delta Connection) in Columbus to increase operations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chautaqua Air (ie: Delta Connection) in Columbus to increase operations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2003, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RobertS975:
The runway at Key West is relatively short. </font>
I was aware of this issue. Is there a not too technical reason the 70 seat CRJ can fly to EYW and not the 50 seater? That was my question since generally bigger planes take longer runways. What about the 40 seater? I think that is actually the same plane minus 10 seats. Is that correct? But it would presumably be lighter.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 4:49 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by indufan:
I was aware of this issue. Is there a not too technical reason the 70 seat CRJ can fly to EYW and not the 50 seater? That was my question since generally bigger planes take longer runways. What about the 40 seater? I think that is actually the same plane minus 10 seats. Is that correct? But it would presumably be lighter.</font>
It is a big mistake to simply look at the seating capacity of Different CRJs... the key is thrust to weight ratio. The 40 seat RJ has the same power as the 50 seat CRJ so its performance will be greater than the 50seat CRJ. The CRJ70 has different, more powerful engines altogether. Similarly, DL's MD90s have more powerful engines, and can therefore use SLC with acceptable single engine safety margins whereas the MD88s would have marginal single engine climbout safety margins.

Old Feb 16, 2003, 4:50 am

Deleted for duplicate post... crazy computers!

[This message has been edited by RobertS975 (edited 02-16-2003).]
Old Feb 16, 2003, 4:50 am

Another dupe... what ever happened to "flood control?"

[

[This message has been edited by RobertS975 (edited 02-16-2003).]
Old Feb 16, 2003, 6:40 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I fly them SDF-STL as an AA Connection flight. They're ok for short flights.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hfly:
Anyone ever fly this carrier yet?</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.