Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Song" website

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2003, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

"Song" website

Anyone know when the Song website will be up for bookings/info??
Old Feb 7, 2003, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club, Priority Club
The Song web site says that they will start selling tickets on March 31st.

Szymon
Old Apr 11, 2003, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Slvr Medallion
Song website and FF Program

I have two questions

Does anyone know what Song's plans are for a FF program? Something like SW's? It would be interesting if there was sometype of tie-in with the SkyMiles, maybe a conversion factor.....

Also, has anyone noticed that Song does not own the URL www.song.com or www.songairlines.com? This is basic marketing. If you want customers, you need to get the most obvious URLs. www.flysong.com is not common sense. I wonder if this is any indication of the rest of the management that Delta has put on this project.

------------------
Old Apr 11, 2003, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Delta has said numerous times that Song will "participate" in the SkyMiles program. Details of that participation are so far undisclosed.

Bruce
Old Apr 11, 2003, 11:00 am

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Those URLs are controlled by Delta through an advertising agency, we have been told.

Also, as Bruce points out, Song will be part of SkyMiles.

Both of these questions have been brought up and discussed here before, and could have been answered with a minimal amount of research.

I would certainly appreciate it if some effort were put into this before new participants ask the rest of us.... think about it, asking an easily answered question without any attempt to find the answer is another way of saying that your time is more valuable than ours.

If you have a new comment or observation to make, fine, make it, but the next time (this is not Litoria's sin, for sure) somebody asks if the NW/CO/DE code-share is operating yet, I'm gonna screech....

Learn about "Search". It's near the top of your screen and does wonders.

[edited for elaboration & temperateness]

[This message has been edited by LexPassenger (edited 04-11-2003).]
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:02 pm

LexPassenger,
I really dont think you need to be "scolding" me for asking what I thought was a good question. I did do a basic search and did not see my questions answered exactly. I was taught in school that "the only stupid question is the one never asked". So..... I am going to ask my questions! This board is for people who like to fly and for FFs. It is not just for "experts" who dont have time for new people. I truly value my time and really DONT have the time to sit on this board for hours and hours looking for an answer when someone can answer it easily (THANK YOU BRUCE!!!).

------------------

[This message has been edited by litoria (edited 04-11-2003).]
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:18 pm

Well, I found this in about 30 seconds (search on "Songair":

"You already know about Delta Air Lines' ludicrous plan to launch a new low-fare subsidiary to replace its failed Delta Express service. But do you know what they are going to call the airline? Believe it or not, the name is "Song." Honest, you can't make up stuff like that. Delta executives vehemently deny that they have chosen "Song" as the airline's moniker, of course, but a little checking around the Internet domain name registry reveals an unmistakable trail. The URLs songair.com and songairlines.com have both been registered in recent weeks and the domain servers are listed as yr.com, which is Young & Rubicam, one of Delta's advertising agencies. One more bit of Delta brilliance: The new carrier's slogan apparently will be "Fly for a Song." The URL flyforasong.com was registered at the same time as the others and its domain server
is also listed as yr.com."

This took a little longer (search on "Song SkyMiles"):

"As for SkyMiles....the ever-updating GRS now says: "SkyMiles....Mileage Accurual Based on Economy Class
Note: Certain elite benefits do not apply...details TBA."

You will also notice I was willing to answer your unanswered question.

But I did also want to take the opportunity to preach do-it-yourself. Newbies have the right to ask questions but oldsters have the right to suggest that they learn what the rest of us have, which is to do easy, simple research before making ourselves look foolish by asking the obvious.

Thank you for admitting that you think your time is more valuable than mine. I will refrain in the future from burdening you with any knowledge I have gained from these boards.

Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:38 pm

Lex,
I do not mean to say that my time is any more valuable than yours. I do appreciate your helpfullness. I also believe though, that reiterating interesting points is of value to all flyer talk participants.

------------------
Old Apr 11, 2003, 1:14 pm

Thanks for the appreciation.

I use "search" a lot to check my memory, so find it easy. It's a great tool.

New takes on old subjects are always welcome. Computer harassles may have made me ornerier than usual, but I would call it a "preach" rather than a "scold".

Best flying!

[edited for spelling]

[This message has been edited by LexPassenger (edited 04-11-2003).]
Old Apr 11, 2003, 3:24 pm

Lex must have entirely too much time on his hands to reply with these lengthy scoldings.

jeeze. let the man ask his question. skip it over if it offends you this much, good sir.

I once knew a teacher like this in high school .......
Old Apr 11, 2003, 6:11 pm

View your DL itineraries from Song's website

I was able to view my DL itineraries using Song's website. It looked like I could change seating too because it showed the seat map. Now where's that upgrade link? ;-)
Old Apr 12, 2003, 1:47 am

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
He is up to over 1800 posts and I think Delta' changes this year have made us all cranky
Old Apr 12, 2003, 7:00 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LexPassenger:
If you have a new comment or observation to make, fine, make it, but the next time (this is not Litoria's sin, for sure) somebody asks if the NW/CO/DE code-share is operating yet, I'm gonna screech....

This message has been edited by LexPassenger (edited 04-11-2003).]
</font>
Does anyone know if I can earn One Pass miles flying on Song? I searched, and I don't think it has been asked before?

Old Apr 12, 2003, 9:56 am

This reminds me of a recent flight. On one side of me on this 767-400 FC cabin was a person new to Medallion status, very happy to be there, and had a lot of questions about upgrades/segments/MQM's, etc. I've answered them a hundred times to other people, and you know..if he just simply went to Delta.com he could have had all his questions answered. However, I enjoyed speaking with him and helping guide a newbie into the process.

On the other side of me was this "elitist" who was more important than the rest of us in FC. Talked LOUDLY on his cell phone the entire time, had to be told twice after we were almost to the end of the runway to turn his phone off, and then even mentioned to the FA that he was a 2MM. I was certainly impressed.

Just my thought.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 1:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Little secret on Song's website: LAX is next

Well, it was probably the worst kept secret that Los Angeles was going to be a Song destination, but now it's almost official and there is no doubting it. Check out Song's route map at http://www.flysong.com. California is now painted green and there is a dot and arrow (without a city name) pointing towards the Los Angeles basin. Looks like Song will announce LAX (or maybe ONT) very, very soon. From what I have heard, LAX-TPA will be announced first, then FLL-LAX, and then MCO-LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.