FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Did DL stop mailing e-ticket receipts? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/57323-did-dl-stop-mailing-e-ticket-receipts.html)

Northern Willy Feb 6, 2003 6:56 pm

Did DL stop mailing e-ticket receipts?

I never got a snail mail receipt for the last two e-tickets that I bought. They used to come standard. Is it just me?

keeton Feb 6, 2003 7:00 pm

The new policy is to e-mail the receipt. They have always e-mailed a confirmation, but now there are two attachments that come with the e-mail. This is now your receipt.

You can always have another one printed up when you check in.

kathnunley Feb 6, 2003 7:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Northern Willy:
I never got a snail mail receipt for the last two e-tickets that I bought. They used to come standard. Is it just me?</font>
I didn't get any for the 4 trips I had booked for February. I called them about 2 weeks ago and the agent indicated she hadn't heard of that before and that she'd re-send them. So far, nothing. I think they're trying to save the 37 cents

kathnunley Feb 6, 2003 7:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keeton:
The new policy is to e-mail the receipt. They have always e-mailed a confirmation, but now there are two attachments that come with the e-mail. This is now your receipt.

You can always have another one printed up when you check in.
</font>
I didn't get an email one either.

jeffreyt Feb 6, 2003 9:12 pm

Don't DL agents have the capability of faxing receipts or am I thinking of UA?

Factotum Feb 6, 2003 9:38 pm

On the booking screen at delta.com there is now fine print near the checkbox labeled "E-mail my confirmation" that if you check the box you will not receive a paper receipt in the mail. Has anyone tried leaving the box unchecked? Has anyone gotten a receipt this way?

warmsnickers Feb 6, 2003 9:53 pm

Today I got my receipt for a trip I completed on Monday. I bought the ticket a month ago.

TD Feb 6, 2003 11:25 pm

I have tried unchecking the box and was able to receive the receipt by snail mail.

Northern Willy Feb 7, 2003 6:54 am

The email receipt is great for personal use but it is a joke for reimbursement. You can edit the HTML and turn the ticket price into anything you want.

I liked the snail mail so that I did not have to remember to get a copy at the airport.

Dave M Feb 7, 2003 6:58 am

I leave the box unchecked and still get snail mail. Received one last week for a trip last weekend. Received another yesterday for a flight today.

Dave M Feb 7, 2003 6:59 am

...as did Mrs. Dave M.