Stonewalling

Old Feb 6, 03, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
Stonewalling

"I've also talked to every CRC agent possible in the airports I have been, and they all have basically said the same thing "we hear this alot from you people, Delta should do something so everyone stops complaining about it" but whether or not that actually happens remains to be seen."

The above was posted by "Deltspygt" in another thread but the quote resembles the same thing I hear from most Delta front line reps about either the SkyMile changes, the 92 Ways Promotion or the lack of response to written requests. It seems as I review different threads on the board that most people are getting form letters, party line answers or nothing at all from Delta in response to expressed concerns.
This is currently a siege state. Can they stonewall long enough for us to give up?
Old Feb 6, 03, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
By the way, since I received my first notification of the changes by mail in January, I have sent 4 emails and two snail mails. I have recieved in return two form email responses and two email requests to snail mail my concerns in. I have not yet received any responses from my letters. Last one was only a week ago though.

What has been others experience?
Old Feb 6, 03, 12:02 pm

Dude,

Nothing personal but give up. It's over. You were not drafted. If you don't like the changes, move on.

Best wishes for safe travel,

TPML

------------------
Old Feb 6, 03, 3:13 pm

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
TPML may have given up, but for those of us that Delta is the best choice in the market, we need to keep up the pressure. Sure there are other carriers, but of DL gets its act together it can be a good product.

The ONLY way they will change is if we keep on them every day. I write a letter to DL every week and a letter to AJC/USA Today every week also. Will they listen - who knows. But if we don't SCREAM they certainly will not change. They caved on the $100 standby charge, so there is hope. I'm with Bruce on the idea that the 01/01/04 date was given as a test balloon. WE need to deflate that balloon.
Old Feb 6, 03, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP - US CP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by typical pm loser:
Dude,

Nothing personal but give up. It's over. You were not drafted. If you don't like the changes, move on.

Best wishes for safe travel,

TPML

</font>

Only a loser gives up ...
Old Feb 6, 03, 9:12 pm

Programs: UAL 1k, *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EyeFlyDoc:

Only a loser gives up ...
</font>
Buy high...sell low
We're well beyond low in my humble opinion!
Old Feb 6, 03, 9:20 pm

KEEP IT UP DON'T EVER GIVE IN!! EVER!

Suppose George Washington realized the hopelessness of his endeavor and went home instead of crossing the Delaware and attacking Trenton creating the turning point in the war!

Suppose Chruchill decided his Spitfire's were no match for the Luftwaffe?

If you guys give in now you are the same as those rat bast*rd French on Iraq!

Fight Delta on this and fight hard, the cockroaches at US Are hard to kill! Since you guys are HQed in ATL why not call your group the Palmetto's????
Old Feb 6, 03, 9:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PineyBob:
If you guys give in now you are the same as those rat bast*rd French on Iraq!</font>
touche'!

------------------
A340s don't fly... they're repelled from Earth by their ugliness!
Old Feb 6, 03, 10:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PineyBob:
KEEP IT UP DON'T EVER GIVE IN!! EVER!

Suppose George Washington realized the hopelessness of his endeavor and went home instead of crossing the Delaware and attacking Trenton creating the turning point in the war!

Suppose Chruchill decided his Spitfire's were no match for the Luftwaffe?

If you guys give in now you are the same as those rat bast*rd French on Iraq!

Fight Delta on this and fight hard, the cockroaches at US Are hard to kill! Since you guys are HQed in ATL why not call your group the Palmetto's????
</font>
Why yes, thank you for keeping up the fight in all of our names. While I appreciate the spirit and humor of your conceit (the literary conceit, not the personal adjective), I am sure that Washington and Churchill would have fought just as bravely if the dwindling Vinum selection, seat pitch, or the availabilities of upgrades on the 45 minute zip into CVG from MKE were the causes inspiring their struggles.

Again, thanks for keeping the pressure on. If you succeed, good for all of us. If not, more room for the rest of us who stay.

TPML

PS the french thing - ouch. Ditto on the touche. You are correct.

------------------
Old Feb 6, 03, 11:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by typical pm loser:
Nothing personal but give up. It's over. You were not drafted. If you don't like the changes, move on.</font>
I am starting to believe this more and more.

Search this Thread