Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

A new 10 000 to 25 000 miles promotion in coach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2003, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)

THis one is in french.
I got it in my mail, arriving from ATL through FRA !!

Betweeen 31 JA 03 and 15 AP 03

Fly one time coach Y B M I betweeen Europe or Latin America or India or Japan or Turkey or Russia towards USA and back and get 10 000 miles bonus

Fly a second time and get an additional 15 000 miles bonus

OR

Fly just one time only but Biz J, D or C and get the 25 000 miles

This is valid ONLY for Skymiles member of these areas (l'offre est valable pour les membres Skymiles en Europe, en Amérique latine, en Asie, en Russie et en Inde ...)and the inbound flight must depart from designated areas, BUT NOT america (... et le voyage doit débuter dans ces régions)

Code is 4003
You MUST register at delta.com/bonusdemiles before 15 AP 03

IMHO, everybody should try if they have two flights transatlantic in this period of time.

Miles will be credited in the 4 to 6 weeks AFTER the Flight is done
Old Feb 5, 2003, 1:09 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Not to be flippant, Felis, but what's the purpose of attempting this?

Since I always requalify every year for PM status, I am never asked to participate in the targeted promotions. Never. So, with my luck, if I was to enroll in this, I'd receive a letter from from Robert Borden telling me that "they made a mistake in letting a loyal passenger enroll" in the promotion.

Thus, I'd end up having my mileage deducted, just like it was in the 92 Ways to Earn Promotion.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/009139.html

[This message has been edited by jeffreyt (edited 02-05-2003).]
Old Feb 5, 2003, 2:11 am

i cant believ that they would deduct miles, even monopoly has a "bank eror in your favour"
Old Feb 5, 2003, 3:43 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
JeffT, this offer is apparently targeted to SM members who have resident addresses overseas, so don't worry about signing up. Your post made it sound like Felis should not have posted this targeted promotion in the first place. Of course he should have!
Old Feb 5, 2003, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeffreyt:
[B]Since I always requalify every year for PM status, I am never asked to participate in the targeted promotions. Never. So, with my luck, if I was to enroll in this, I'd receive a letter from from Robert Borden telling me that "they made a mistake in letting a loyal passenger enroll" in the promotion.

Thus, I'd end up having my mileage deducted, just like it was in the 92 Ways to Earn Promotion.
[B][QUOTE]

I do not understand your point.

I am platinum and received the offer.

I was gold last year a received several similar offers.

I try to enroll all of these offer since a couple of years or so even when they are restricted to 'american resident' for instance, and really made a lot of miles with these promotions, probably some of them with the ones restricted to US people.

I do not think they if you are registered and get two return flights A and B, they will verify when counting your outbound A plus inboud B that you are a european or russian citizen.

More, there are also european frequent flyers participant to the program, some of them being already on their trip, and not able to register beacause they did not yet read their mails.

[This message has been edited by felis (edited 02-05-2003).]
Old Feb 5, 2003, 5:36 am
Original Poster

I understand you point now, reading the post you pointed out; I was not aware about that, and it is, in my opinion, the first time that Delta do this.

If they play that game, they will loose a lot of flyers, the one that read the post on this forum. There is nothing like loosing ocnfident from customers.

Either they deny the registration, or they acept it and give you the miles.

Any other way of managing these promotions tell us that promotions by Delta are not to be trusted.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I tried to register just for the heck of it and it accepted my registration. Let's all try it and stay tuned ...

------------------
Vasant
Old Feb 5, 2003, 6:45 am

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vasantn:
I tried to register just for the heck of it and it accepted my registration. Let's all try it and stay tuned ...

</font>
Only that you will get the miles flown, and to be 'removed' 6 months later, with an email explaining that you are not eligible for the bonus in the first place. Trust me.

Old Feb 5, 2003, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by belle3388:
Only that you will get the miles flown, and to be 'removed' 6 months later, with an email explaining that you are not eligible for the bonus in the first place. Trust me.
</font>
Yeah, I'm fully aware of the recent mileage deductions. But it doesn't hurt to try and I hope to have used them all up before they get repatriated!

------------------
Vasant
Old Feb 5, 2003, 7:32 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vasantn:
.... I hope to have used them all up before they get repatriated!

</font>
Good point !

Old Feb 5, 2003, 11:08 am
Original Member

The negativity in my post was certainly not pointed to Felis, but more so to Delta, hence my words "not to be flippant".

I'm still reeling over the 92 Wayt to earn debacle.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 12:27 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
The negativity in my post was certainly not pointed to Felis, but more so to Delta, hence my words "not to be flippant".

I'm still reeling over the 92 Ways to earn debacle.
</font>
Sorry, jeffret, my understanding of english expressions is not yet perfect.

Yes, this story with the 92 Ways to earn is not really funny and I understand your perplexity.

Old Feb 6, 2003, 12:35 am
Original Member

Sorry to be off topic for a second.

Le pardon mon French.It est beaucoup plus mauvais que votre anglais. J'étais à Paris approximativement deux semaines il y a et devoir apprécié de parler en français. C'est un plaisir d'aller à d'autres pays et de parler la langue maternelle du pays, au lieu de l'anglais.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 5:41 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
Sorry to be off topic for a second.

Le pardon mon French.It est beaucoup plus mauvais que votre anglais. J'étais à Paris approximativement deux semaines il y a et devoir apprécié de parler en français. C'est un plaisir d'aller à d'autres pays et de parler la langue maternelle du pays, au lieu de l'anglais.
</font>
Tout a fait, jeffreyt, et ceci vous honore.

Merci

Old Feb 6, 2003, 1:47 pm

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
wouldn't let me sign up...
Says only those who received the newsletter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.