Comped from Nothing?

Old Feb 5, 2003, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Comped from Nothing?

My wife is a 2002 GM, but she barely flew 2000 DL miles in 2002 (new job) and will probably drop to nothingness. She had no business travel.

However, she is now going to be doing a new job (same company) with plenty of travel, quite a bit international. I guess she'll want to stay with DL, since she has hundreds of thousands of miles available for upgrades.

My advice to her was to work through the corporate travel agency (AMEX One) to ask Delta to extend her elite status, with promises of juicy YBM fares to Europe. If that doesn't work, I would advise her to sign up for an AA challenge -- but AA isn't the best choice from SFO to Germany, and she has no miles to use for upgrades.

Any other sage advice from you world-weary travellers?
Old Feb 5, 2003, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Try to get her comped to UA while she's still technically a DL GM.

------------------
Vasant
Old Feb 5, 2003, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vasantn:
Try to get her comped to UA while she's still technically a DL GM.

</font>
...and while there is still technically a UA

Old Feb 5, 2003, 9:53 pm

I faxed in copies of myself and my g/f's Platinum card and Skymiles balance to United this past Friday evening. By Tues afternoon our status had changed to Premiere Executive (Gold equiv?).
Our PM status will both expire the end of this month, and we'll likely never get it again (even more so with all the SM changes), so figure it was worth prostituting for use on other airlines. I don't know if we'll fly United any more on paid flights, but we are looking to go to Hawaii twice this year using FF miles, and if we happen to choice United I figure it should allow us to get E+ seats.

Jeff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.