Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why cant I book this flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Why cant I book this flight?

There is a flight 1401 from TUS to ATL. It shows up in the flight schedules for Oct. and I already have it booked as a leg on an award ticket. For over a week, maybe 10 days, I have been trying to book it online for a friend. It does not come up as a choice for any day in Oct that I have tried either on a paid or award flight. What's up with this? Do you think they are planning to eliminate the flight or is it a glitch. My friend has changed her plans but I am still curious especially since I have it booked.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:56 am

It might just be Journey Control; are you trying to book a connecting flight, too?

Marc
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marq
It might just be Journey Control; are you trying to book a connecting flight, too?

Marc
I've tried it both with a connecting flight and on its own
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
For today, I only see ATL-CMH for DL1401. Maybe Tucson got blown off the map by terrorists.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BamaVol
For today, I only see ATL-CMH for DL1401. Maybe Tulsa got blown off the map by terrorists.
Right.
Thanks but it is Tucson and the flight changes in the Fall to Tucson to Atlanta.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 12:20 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
call Delta

I would give DL a call, because you are right there is something weird going on. I can see the flight in the flight schedule but when you go to book it (I used oct 15th and 21st as test dates) it isnt there. I took a look in Expert Flyer and it is there but all the fare buckets are showing 0's, so something is definitely up. Give them a call.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lehava
I would give DL a call, because you are right there is something weird going on. I can see the flight in the flight schedule but when you go to book it (I used oct 15th and 21st as test dates) it isnt there. I took a look in Expert Flyer and it is there but all the fare buckets are showing 0's, so something is definitely up. Give them a call.
Thanks, I just called Delta. Bottom line, they don't know. The flight is definitely locked out, but they are not sure why. The supervisor said that there are two possibilities she could think of. They may be getting ready to make a schedule change on this flight or on other flights, although she has not been told yet of any changes. If it is the latter, she said they may be closing out this flight to protect passengers on the flight they are planning to change. So I guess I better keep checking my itinerary. It may be a good thing since I really wanted an earlier flight and could not get it on a skysaver. If they change my flight, I may be able to get a better flight out of Tus.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Carolellen607
Thanks, I just called Delta. Bottom line, they don't know. The flight is definitely locked out, but they are not sure why. The supervisor said that there are two possibilities she could think of. They may be getting ready to make a schedule change on this flight or on other flights, although she has not been told yet of any changes. If it is the latter, she said they may be closing out this flight to protect passengers on the flight they are planning to change. So I guess I better keep checking my itinerary. It may be a good thing since I really wanted an earlier flight and could not get it on a skysaver. If they change my flight, I may be able to get a better flight out of Tus.
That particular flight is zeroed out because it will likely be cancelled with the next schedule change. If you're currently booked on the flight after 9/1, you'll be re-booked on the earlier flight after the schedule change is loaded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.