Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC question: access requires Delta ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Ambassador/Spire Elite/Kimpton Inner Circle. AA: Plat. SW, UA, DL, Alaska: nuttin'!
CRC question: access requires Delta ticket?

Here is a question that I submitted through the Delta website today:

I received my card today for the Crown Room Club membership that I purchased in December 2005. The accompanying letter states that "the next time you visit a Crown Room Club, you'll be asked to present your membership card along with a photo ID and your same-day ticket for travel ON DELTA (emphasis added)." This is significantly different than the rules that are presented on the web site about usage of the membership, which states: "Crown Room Club and partner facilities may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel ON ANY AIRLINE (emphasis added)." When I bought the Crown Room Club membership, I thought that I could use the membership when I traveled ON ANY AIRLINE. Please clarify your policy about usage of a Crown Room Club membership.

Comments? Has the policy changed?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:34 pm

I'm in the PHL crown room flying Southwest. I showed my Crown Room card and my Southwest ticket (PHL to PVD) to the Crown Room agent. No problems.

Happydad
Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:45 pm

Yes, you can use your CRC card to access all CRCs, NW WCs and CO PCs, regardless of airline being flown. Need not be a SkyTeam carrier. Access based on SkyTeam Elite Plus (top tier) is another matter altogether.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM - I made it, for now.
I dunno from ticket or no ticket, but if you got your card today from your CRC membership bought in December, perhaps mine is soon in coming too.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by happydad100
I'm in the PHL crown room flying Southwest. I showed my Crown Room card and my Southwest ticket (PHL to PVD) to the Crown Room agent. No problems.

Happydad
Two questions:
  1. Why would you (or anyone) VOLUNTARILY fly SouthWorst (or as one signature puts it - Worst Nightmare?
  2. What horrible thing did the PHL CRC staff do to you to cause you to assault them with a SouthWorst ticket? I've found the PHL CRC staff to be among the most friendly, efficient, and helpful in the entire CRC system! You DO realize that SouthWorst is directly targetting their jobs, right? SouthWorst successfully got the city to close the NW WC, and now they're targetting the CRC "because they need the office space"
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Some of us don't have the ability to buy full F or Y fares on any airline of our choosing and are more price sensitive than others. If I had the ability to buy F fares on the airline of my choice, I'd do it all the time - But I am in college, my parents and I do not have that sort of expendable income and many, if not most people are in the same boat.

I have been on Flyertalk for over a year and too many times I have been disappointed by the way some FT's treat and judge others on this board simply by what airline and what class of service they fly. It takes away from the camraderie and the spirit that Flyertalk represents. Sometimes I question the amount of time and effort I put into this board because of increasingly negative, inflammatory and childish behavior I see/read on an everyday basis. I expect that from my fraternity brothers and certain other travel websites, not from a group of working professionals that value intelligence, spirited debate and a love for travel.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Two questions:
  1. Why would you (or anyone) VOLUNTARILY fly SouthWorst (or as one signature puts it - Worst Nightmare?
  2. What horrible thing did the PHL CRC staff do to you to cause you to assault them with a SouthWorst ticket? I've found the PHL CRC staff to be among the most friendly, efficient, and helpful in the entire CRC system! You DO realize that SouthWorst is directly targetting their jobs, right? SouthWorst successfully got the city to close the NW WC, and now they're targetting the CRC "because they need the office space"
1) Notice the routing on my ticket: PHL to PVD. Pretty hard to fly anything but Southwest or USAir on this routing.

2) I agree the PHL CRC staff is great. My favorite is Terry. She is one of the best in the system.

Happydad
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by happydad100
1) Notice the routing on my ticket: PHL to PVD. Pretty hard to fly anything but Southwest or USAir on this routing.

2) I agree the PHL CRC staff is great. My favorite is Terry. She is one of the best in the system.

Happydad
Ah, my apologies and sympathies then. Sounds like you had to decide between two of the worst choices in commercial aviation.

Yes, Terry is very nice. I thought she (or perhaps it was someone else) recently left DL and is now working in the USair club?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Mateo4321
Some of us don't have the ability to buy full F or Y fares on any airline of our choosing and are more price sensitive than others. If I had the ability to buy F fares on the airline of my choice, I'd do it all the time - But I am in college, my parents and I do not have that sort of expendable income and many, if not most people are in the same boat.

I have been on Flyertalk for over a year and too many times I have been disappointed by the way some FT's treat and judge others on this board simply by what airline and what class of service they fly. It takes away from the camraderie and the spirit that Flyertalk represents. Sometimes I question the amount of time and effort I put into this board because of increasingly negative, inflammatory and childish behavior I see/read on an everyday basis. I expect that from my fraternity brothers and certain other travel websites, not from a group of working professionals that value intelligence, spirited debate and a love for travel.
I see your points. Rest assured that I'm definitely not one of those who travels on full-fare Y or F tickets! In fact, almost all of my domestic travel (with very rare exceptions for business reasons) is in L, U, or T.

I DID come across as criticizing the OP. That was wrong, and I apologize to the OP for that.

It was more my intent to criticize SouthWorst (which is fully deserving of criticism, given their abysmal service, and their corrupt attempts to decimate the competition (after all, having an airline club IS a discriminator for some. SouthWorst has apparently successfully bribed corrupt City of Philadelphia officials (wow, a redundancy there) to force the other airlines to get rid of their discriminators (such as clubs). Pretty poor way to "level the field", wouldn't you say?)

Keep in mind that the Delta CRC staff in PHL have been concerned about their jobs for years. They've SEEN SouthWorst eliminate the NW WorldClub. They keep hearing various threats and promises from the city (the hammerhead terminal, the move to "A", and now the claim that SouthWorst also wants the DL CRC "for additional office space"). Personally, I wouldn't compound those fears by showing that even their more frequent travelers (such as people who invest in CRC memberships) are flying SouthWorst in particular.

Again though, the overall tenor of your post is right on-target, and I do apologize for my post coming off as critical of the original poster.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Coast2Coast
I dunno from ticket or no ticket, but if you got your card today from your CRC membership bought in December, perhaps mine is soon in coming too.
I renewed my CRC membership in December and have yet to receive a replacement card. Does this mean there is hope? I was starting to believe the SMS claim that there is a plastic shortage (or was it a plastic embargo?) and only 10 cards could be issued a day. I was told that the backlog would drop significantly come Jan 1, when PM's were forced to pay, though.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 7:00 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Hilton & Marriott Elite
I hate the Southwest cattle cattle call, but sometimes there's just no choice -- like within California. When presented with a 1 hour $39 flight vs. changing planes, taking 3 hours and costing $300, what would you do?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Mateo4321
...too many times I have been disappointed by the way some FT's treat and judge others on this board simply by what airline and what class of service they fly.
You didn't know? These people don't even clean their own backsides

Attitudes as these remind me of some of the people who work in a Saks Fifth Avenue in my area.. Many a time I am shopping there, only to be treated like a Medieval peasant by some of the employees.

I should probably ask the mean ones how they feel about their minimum wage, negative net worth, and zero liquidity

Sorry.. I don't take kindly to people who 1) feel entitled, 2) who think their crap doesn't stink, and 3) have forgotten where they came from..

No one likes to sit in Coach but people have no right to criticize others who do.

The soapbox is now open
Old Jun 23, 2006, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Xristoforos
Sorry.. I don't take kindly to people who 1) feel entitled, 2) who think their crap doesn't stink, and 3) have forgotten where they came from..

^ ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.