Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Is there a backdoor route for getting Medallion status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a backdoor route for getting Medallion status?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2005, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by bross
On a whim I sent copies my US Air Gold credientials to the Skymiles service center a week ago. I had already done this when I switched to Delta at the beginning of this year but never got any sort of response from them at the time. This time they sent me a challenge letter, so I thought it would be useful to you all if I posted the details of it here.

---
Fly 6,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQM's) on qualifying flights during the 3 months period beginning June 1, 2005 through August 31, 2005 and receive Silver Medallion status.

Fly 12,000 MQM's on qualifying flights during the 3 months period beginning June 1, 2005 through August 31, 2005 and receive Gold Medallion status.

A qualifying flight is a flown Delta-marketed and operated, Delta/Delta Connection flight taken with the purchase of a fare in H, Q, K, S, L, U, T, Y, B, M, P, F, A, C, D, J or I class of service.
---

I found it interesting that this challenge includes LUT fares (they made me a similar offier at the beginning of the year, but only in YBM class).

Oh, and the fine print at the bottom of the letter says that if I do this I'll have the status through 2/28/07.
Hi all. Sorry to 'polute' your DL board with the likes of my AA flying self, but...

I've got a good friend who's found himself flying Delta almost exclusively, and starting to rack up miles. Just wondering whether anyone has any additional experience or knowledge of the aforementioned Medallion challenges, and whether there's a good place within DL to go if one wants to try and proactively request to be 'challenged' if you will.

Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:46 am

Same challenge

I am a US Air CP and, in October, got the same challenge letter for the 3 months ending Jan 31. At first I thought why bother with a challenge, but decided to take the challenge so i will have options. I will be GM by the end of January.
Larry
Old Nov 5, 2005, 5:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
There is a "mileage run" forum on Flyertalk ^
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:48 pm

Delta Status Match Question

I looked thru the status match thread and could not find an answer. I just called the Medallion desk to get a Status match to AA Platinum. They told me that they no long status match and do not have a challenge currently going on. Do you think this is really the case? Or did I just get a clueless CSR. Any feed back will be appreciated.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Welcome to FT and congrats on already achieving the award of the oldest resurrected thread of the day. At least we know the search function is working.

Delta offers no status matches, just challenges. Even those are hard to come by these days. A typical challenge would be silver for flying 6k in 3 months or gold for 12k in 3 months, IIRC, but are not always offered. It sounds like you got the right information. Sorry to bear the bad news...
Old Aug 14, 2006, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
Welcome to FT and congrats on already achieving the award of the oldest resurrected thread of the day. At least we know the search function is working.

Delta offers no status matches, just challenges. Even those are hard to come by these days. A typical challenge would be silver for flying 6k in 3 months or gold for 12k in 3 months, IIRC, but are not always offered. It sounds like you got the right information. Sorry to bear the bad news...
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated even though the news isn't what I wanted to hear.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 9:12 pm

Programs: nowadays: dl pm, formerly: hp plat/us cp/aa exp, nw plat
Last month I sent an e-mail requesting a challenge and they replied back that they would match me to Gold Medallion immediately if I sent proof of my current status to the address/FAX number provided. Is their policy of not matching status a new one?
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:30 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by nethak
Last month I sent an e-mail requesting a challenge and they replied back that they would match me to Gold Medallion immediately if I sent proof of my current status to the address/FAX number provided. Is their policy of not matching status a new one?

Did they reply to your email or sent snail mail? I have asked status match to DL, but all they offered was a challange.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Can you request a challenge? Or do you have to wait for DL to advertise one?
Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold; AA Plat; SPG Gold
Got a Letter from DL

After about 6 weeks I just got a letter from DL saying they would match my AA Plat with Silver or Gold as long as I send in a copy of my AA card and recent statement. If I do this now, when will my DL status expire? Mahalo.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:24 pm

FWIW, called early last week to ask for a challenge to Silver (was a FO last year, lost it by ~1k miles, would like to get it back and can easily do 10k miles before the end of the year, but would rather not do the 14.5k to get me to 25k total if I don't have to...)....CSR told me they would status match my CP (maybe) from US, but they would not do a challenge. Reluctant to do that, b/c it's not guaranteed to happen, AND it's a 'once-in-a-lifetime' thing that I'd rather not use now.

Hang up....will call again this week.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by goheelswks
FWIW, called early last week to ask for a challenge to Silver (was a FO last year, lost it by ~1k miles, would like to get it back and can easily do 10k miles before the end of the year, but would rather not do the 14.5k to get me to 25k total if I don't have to...)....CSR told me they would status match my CP (maybe) from US, but they would not do a challenge. Reluctant to do that, b/c it's not guaranteed to happen, AND it's a 'once-in-a-lifetime' thing that I'd rather not use now.

Hang up....will call again this week.
Interesting...I was told earlier this year that they would NOT status match my AA Plat., even though I had been DL Silver for many years and fell short last year. They recently had a "fly 6000 miles in 60 days" to get Silver promotion, but it is over.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, UA Prem Ex, Delta Gold, SPG-Gold, Priority Club-Gold
Sky High Fares in October T'Atlantic

Does anyone know why the usually $400-$500 fares from JFK to MAN are showing over $1300 around Oct 13-16? Is there something I am missing? Or should I change dates!
Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by jcresq
Interesting...I was told earlier this year that they would NOT status match my AA Plat., even though I had been DL Silver for many years and fell short last year. They recently had a "fly 6000 miles in 60 days" to get Silver promotion, but it is over.

Actually I just got a promo from Delta which says if you travel 6000 MQM between Sept 15 and Dec 15th they'll give Silver status from then until Feb 2008. If you fly 12000 they'll give gold. But I think it's targeted only.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:27 pm

Anyone else receive this? phlflyer927, do you currently have any status? Was this an email or snailmail invitation? Any specific ideas about why you might have been targeted?

Originally Posted by phlflyer927
Actually I just got a promo from Delta which says if you travel 6000 MQM between Sept 15 and Dec 15th they'll give Silver status from then until Feb 2008. If you fly 12000 they'll give gold. But I think it's targeted only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.