Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soaring Spirit repainted :(

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2003, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Soaring Spirit repainted :(

Just as an FYI sort of thing, it appears that DL's 772ER flagship, "Soaring Spirit II", has been repainted as of 1/3/03.

Never did get a chance to see it

------------------
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!
~ConcordeBoy

Try the Unofficial Continental Dictionary
Old Jan 7, 2003, 2:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: OnePass
Figured it was going to eventually happen before long, now that it's been nearly a year since the SLC 2002 Winter Olympics.

The Olympic organizing committee effectively puts itself 'out of business' at the point where the IOC chairman announces the games closed. At that point, the marketing campaign for the next Olympics begins to go into full swing.

You can still get a 1/400 scale diecast model of the 'Soaring Spirit II', though.

[This message has been edited by AlphaSigOU (edited 01-07-2003).]
Old Jan 8, 2003, 6:39 am

I guess us Atlantan's are spoiled. Seems like any day you can go to the airport, walk through E concourse and say "Hey look Soaring Spirit II, Centennial Spirit, and Spirit of Delta". And as you exit the E concourse, gawking at the AF and LH A340's, the BA 777, and the (summertime) SAA 747, you head to the C concourse (passing the Soaring Spirit 757 parked at D) to visit the ASA Texas and Olympic planes....

Spoiled indeed.
Old Jan 8, 2003, 11:49 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
I guess I saw it near its last day then- @ CDG on 1 January 2003.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.