New Mini-Poll for PMs

Old Dec 22, 2002, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
New Mini-Poll for PMs

With all due respect to jeffreyt, (1) his original thread got hijacked along the way and (2) DL doesn't care about how many of us say we don't like the changes. So I'm starting this new poll, which I believe may be a more effective way of getting Uncle Leo's attention (but I'm not holding my breath).

Simply put, please answer Yes or No to the following question: Come 2004, if DL has not restored some of the PM benefits it is proposing to take away, will you move your primary business to another airline?

Please keep the answers brief. Feel free to share how much revenue you've given to DL in the past year (or an average of the past few years), as well as what airline you would move your business to. But no speeches or rants, please!

And let's try to keep this thread on topic, otherwise it will become meaningless.

------------------
Vasant
Old Dec 22, 2002, 11:50 am

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
I'll start: our business is leaving in January, 2003.

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Delta Flyers' Guide
E-mail on the Flyers' Guide
Old Dec 22, 2002, 11:59 am
Suspended

No, I will not be moving any business to another airline. In 2002 my travels on DL totaled ~36,000 and I don't see that changing for 2003 or 2004 at this point. If anything it will go up as company personnel resources are stretched thin but demand for them increases around the region/country/world.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Yes. I began moving business to United in 2001, and that process will likely accelerate in 2003 and 2004.

Bruce
Old Dec 22, 2002, 12:27 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
I flew 124,000+ miles in 2002 all on Delta. All in K+ fares. My plan is to squeak by to PM again in 2003 (in the hopes that the unlimited upgrades will be restored before year's end) but giving enough business to Northwest to have silver with them for 2004 as a back-up. Should DL's plan's remain the same my plan is to switch all business to NW in 2004.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 12:48 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
YES, I will move my business to other carriers. Even if I make PM in 04 what good does that do me??

I hope DL can make it on insULT fares from vacation travelers.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I forgot to put my own 2 cents in ... yes, if the cuts in PM benefits are not reconsidered, I will only fly DL in burn mode from 2004 on. I will move my primary business to AA or NW. And my business colleagues who fly with me (although not PMs) will to do the same.

------------------
Vasant
Old Dec 22, 2002, 1:17 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Yes, I will move my remaining DL business to other carriers, starting in 2003.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Given what I know now, the most likely situation will be spending more time in MSP, DTW, and MEM on NW.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP - US CP
I've spent a fair amount of time over the past week comparing other carriers programs and deciding when to make my move. If this sticks, I won't be staying.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 4:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Plan on moving my business to other carriers starting Jan 2003. I did mostly YMB fares this year, but the new upgrade rules flat out stink and I see no reason to stick with Delta.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 4:08 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
In 2001 I flew about 135K base miles. After the FT991s were taken away, I started burning mileage.

If the current changes are not recinded, I will not return to DL as a revenue pax.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 6:10 pm

What..and miss the heartburn from the snack mix? If I leave DL, how will I connect meaningfully to the informative banter here? Do you feel me? I am feeling you.

------------------
Old Dec 22, 2002, 6:26 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by typical pm loser:
I am feeling you.</font>
Yuk! Ice cold hands!

Old Dec 22, 2002, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Courteous reminder to the last two posters ...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vasantn:
... Simply put, please answer Yes or No to the following question: Come 2004, if DL has not restored some of the PM benefits it is proposing to take away, will you move your primary business to another airline? ... And let's try to keep this thread on topic, otherwise it will become meaningless.

</font>

------------------
Vasant

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.