Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oh, the irony (Shuttle change fees)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2002, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Oh, the irony (Shuttle change fees)

My 7-day advance purchase Saturday ticket on the Delta Shuttle (fare basis: KWR7SHLN) has a $100 change fee... on a base fare of $91.16! Now, I know it's possible to apply the taxes from the original ticket toward the new flight so one can still recoup $15 in value from one of these tickets that needs to be changed, but it's still pretty funny - and, on an operation that prides itself on flexibility and being "ready when you are" (see the Marine Air Terminal at LGA), kind of sad.

Now here's what's really funny if it's possible: Can one save a few bucks by allowing the original ticket to go unused, buying an entirely new ticket, and requesting a credit for taxes on the trip that was not taken? Not that I'm planning on trying, but it certainly would be ironic if this is the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.