Any bonus for web check-in or kiosk check-in?

Old Sep 12, 02, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Any bonus for web check-in or kiosk check-in?

hi! I was wondering if there's currently any promo for using web check-in or kiosk check-in. I looked all over the place on Delta website and can't find anything on it. Thanks for your help!

jsy9999
Old Sep 12, 02, 10:17 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
The kiosk bonus
is over with. But I never received the bonus in the first place anyway.

Old Sep 12, 02, 11:09 pm
Suspended

A "kiosk fee" is always an option. Any PAX convenience factor is vulnerable to surcharge regardless of how much staff is freed up for other tasks.

They have been a saving grace for me. Some kiosks allow credit card swipes as ID which crowds the line with newbies who have no FF accounts. They generally take twice as long navigating the screen prompts, which usually prompts someone to play guide.

Still, there have been at least five flights I would have missed without the kiosks.
Old Sep 12, 02, 11:10 pm

A recent post said there might be a 1000mile bonus for VCI checkin (thru web).

Jeff
Old Sep 13, 02, 7:13 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fannin:
A "kiosk fee" is always an option. Any PAX convenience factor is vulnerable to surcharge regardless of how much staff is freed up for other tasks.</font>
I don't think so. As much as we think that typical of any airline to do that, the kiosks were implemented to make self-loading freight less of a hassle to the paid employees. Creating a fee to check-in using a kiosk would only put people back in those dreadful lines.

Alternatively, I honestly believe that in addition to an online booking bonus, there should be a bonus every time someone uses VCI or the kiosk since we are, effectively, freeing up the line for someone else. The way I see it, if we pay $100 3 minutes it takes to be put on the standby list, we should be compensated in a like manner (via miles) for the 3 minutes we DO NOT take for something as mundane as checking in for a flight.
Old Sep 13, 02, 11:51 am

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

Wife and I did the Kiosk checkin... never saw the bonus either.... oh well.
Old Sep 13, 02, 11:52 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
There's this one-time kiosk check-in bonus that is good Oct-Dec

[This message has been edited by andymo99 (edited 09-13-2002).]
Old Sep 13, 02, 1:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sowalsky:
... Creating a fee to check-in using a kiosk would only put people back in those dreadful lines....</font>
In the early 80's, we probably all thought the same thing about bank ATM's. I believe it's just a matter of time until there is a kiosk fee. The convenience is something that many would pay for. For many, getting back in line (or driving to the bank) is no longer a feasible option. Not exactly on topic, which was bonuses for kiosk use (actually, it's the exact opposite), but an interesting deviation nonetheless...

And, as an afterthought, we have probably expedited the date which this will occur by having this discussion in this forum. I suppose I should more seriously consider that there are many DL eyes lurking here. We don't want to give them any more "revenue enhancing" ideas that they might already have in their bag of tricks!! Or, perhaps I'm more paranoid than need be....

[This message has been edited by xooz (edited 09-13-2002).]
Old Sep 13, 02, 2:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jwhite4:
A recent post said there might be a 1000mile bonus for VCI checkin (thru web).

Jeff
</font>
There is. It started today actually. It runs through 31DEC02.

Earn one-time 1,000 mile bonus for using the online check-in prior to the flt. Its for all U.S. based SkyMiles members. In your mileage history it'll be recorded as "CHECKIN ONLINE".

------------------
I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question. Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions. www.delta.com/email
Old Sep 13, 02, 11:21 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
When they ran the 1K bonus for first time kiosk use, my miles did post after about 60 days. Is this a new bonus opportunity open to those who have already gotten the 1K miles from the first time use promo?
Old Sep 14, 02, 9:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jsy9999:
hi! I was wondering if there's currently any promo for using web check-in or kiosk check-in. I looked all over the place on Delta website and can't find anything on it. Thanks for your help!

jsy9999
</font>
On DL's website, they have a 1,000 miles web-checkin bonus promotion going on currently. I am not sure if it is limited to medallion members or not. Maybe just Skymiles members is the impression I get.

https://www.delta.com/travel/VCI/web...allion_Members
Old Sep 14, 02, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Personally, I hate the kiosk check in. The boarding passes are so flimsy and cheesy that I always end up with them crumbled in the bottom of my pocket.
Old Sep 14, 02, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
Personally, I hate the kiosk check in. The boarding passes are so flimsy and cheesy that I always end up with them crumbled in the bottom of my pocket.</font>
I agree. If they would give you some real paper, not fax paper, I would do it all the time. I guess someone is trying to save a few cents.
Old Sep 15, 02, 7:26 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Add me to the list of "I hate fax paper kiosks". The technology is great, but what I can't understand is why they can't give you a real paper product like they do at United's check-in. We've talked about this very issue in threads past, but I save every boarding pass I fly on, and the fax-type boarding passes turn to nothing after a while.
Old Sep 15, 02, 10:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoCanes:
I agree. If they would give you some real paper, not fax paper, I would do it all the time. I guess someone is trying to save a few cents.</font>
Actually, the new kiosk paper has been ordered and should have arrived from Delta's supplier around the last week of August. The new paper is much more durable, thicker, lasts longer per roll, and is even more cost effective for Delta.

Stations will change over when their current supply is depleted.

FTers- please report when you notice the switch.

------------------
I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question. Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions. www.delta.com/email

[This message has been edited by UnofficialDLHelper (edited 09-15-2002).]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: