Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why I moved to NW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2002, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Why I moved to NW

This is a message for Leo. In a nutshell, 2002 DL PM becomes 2003 NW Plat. I'm GM on DL in 2003, but probably won't even be SM in 2004. The reason: F in 764s. F in a 764 is far inferior to F in WBC.

IMO, F in 764s is the worst F in the majors. (domestic BE is fine, but is limited to some SFO and LAX flights). My sore points are the seat and legroom in 764 F, and DL service to HNL. I can do without the IFE, and don't expect much from food service.

If I fly DL from HNL, I will be on a 764 and will get no further east than SLC, and cannot go west (no PMU u/g on KE). If I fly NW from HNL to CONUS, I will have a WBC seat, and can always fly nonstop to MSP, and seasonally nonstop to DTW. CO to IAH or EWR with BF is also an option. About 3 months of the year, the a/c to MSP is a 742 with WBC; othertimes, it's a DC-10-30 with WBC. Plus, I can fly NW to NRT and beyond from HNL.

I should have made the switch when the SWU program stopped, but I held on for a year in the hope that the 764 issues would be fixed.

If the c/s deal is approved, so much the better.

[This message has been edited by Eidetic (edited 10-25-2002).]
Old Oct 25, 2002, 5:57 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Vote with your wallets. It is the only message that is truly heard.

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Delta Flyers' Guide
E-mail on the Flyers' Guide
Old Oct 25, 2002, 6:11 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Eidetic, you are the bench mark. Now that you have left DL, this is the true sign that the arilines is now doomed. I could not believe you lasted as long as you did. The F you speak of should result in Leo being taken out and hung!
Old Oct 25, 2002, 7:53 pm

I made the switch to NW because I can now fly ATL-West Coast for under $200 AND upgrade to First Class- on both NW and CO.
Old Oct 26, 2002, 9:08 am

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
With some job (location) changes I am going to be taking a long hard look at who my "third" will be next year - i.e. who gets 100K+ miles/$25-30K in revenue in addition to AA/UA.

If I can (hopefully) cut down my reason to go to/through CVG so often...I would really like to replace it with DTW. The new airport IMHO is the nicest facility in the U.S. The old DC-9's are actually quite pleasant inside with the re-works - thin seats or not. And finally, with a comp to Gold and a qualification to Plat probably in 3-4 months into '03 I can be guaranteed of an F seat on just about any NW domestic flight.

With my Amex Plat. - I am already in at the WC's and frankly I am just getting sick of dealing with DL's giant load of ca-ca when it somes to how they treat a good % of their VFF's. Since my CO account was transferred to UA courtesy of Amtrak a couple of months ago, I also don't need to worry about 'overlap'.

Also NW is in considerably better financial shape than UA, AA, or DL...so I have a little less worry about 'enhancements'.

If I can extract myself from CVG - Good Riddance...enough is enough. I can hardly wait to see what revenue grabs pretending to be 'perks' VA. Ave. dreams up next year.

[This message has been edited by CoMooter (edited 10-26-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.