FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   CRC Member Access to AF Lounges at CDG? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/558376-crc-member-access-af-lounges-cdg.html)

Hawk Circle May 14, 2006 8:25 pm

CRC Member Access to AF Lounges at CDG?

I am a SkyTeam elite and Crown Room Club member traveling soon in coach aboard DL to Paris. Which Air France lounges, if any, might I have access to at CDG airport? A shower on arrival is the primary concern. The Delta press release, below, and posts I've found in this forum, are not specific about whether "select" lounges exist at CDG.
--------------------------------------
"Delta Offers Crown Room Club Members Access to More Partner Lounges Worldwide
From Amsterdam to Zurich: members can now visit AeroMexico, Air France, Alaska Airlines and KLM Lounges
ATLANTA, Feb. 8, 2006 – Delta Air Lines’ Crown Room Club® members may now visit select AeroMexico, Air France, Alaska Airlines and KLM lounges – including those in Amsterdam; Mexico City; Portland, Ore.; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Rome; Seattle and Zurich, Switzerland – when flying Delta or any other SkyTeam® airline. With this new benefit, Crown Room Club members may now visit more than 100 lounges in airports around the world."

RamAir May 14, 2006 9:05 pm

I was under the impression that you have to be flying that airline, and you must be in J or F. I hope I am wrong! I am on AF to CDG in July and I will try with FO and CRC status with my Y seat.
SR

CelticFlyer May 14, 2006 9:10 pm

The absence of Paris from that original press release was notable. The AF lounges at CDG are often very busy!

After this time I would have thought that SMS might actually have a definitive list. They certainly should!

Hawk Circle May 15, 2006 11:55 am

Thanks for the responses. Prospects for lounge access at CDG for a CRC member who is a mere SkyTeam elite don't look good. I e-mailed my question to Delta and will post the response if I receive one.

arkangel May 15, 2006 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by donlind
Thanks for the responses. Prospects for lounge access at CDG for a CRC member who is a mere SkyTeam elite don't look good. I e-mailed my question to Delta and will post the response if I receive one.

I believe that unless you're Platinum Elite, or flying J or F across the pond, you won't be able to access any AF lounge at CDG, CRC member or not.

Serpentos May 15, 2006 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by arkangel
I believe that unless you're Platinum Elite, or flying J or F across the pond, you won't be able to access any AF lounge at CDG, CRC member or not.

On a recent flight from NRT, I noticed that I entered the AF arrival lounge right after a a CRC member ST elite...who was in coach.
I've always been told before that only F/C or Elite plus member could enter... but obviously not.
My piece of advice : go and try. AF dragons in this lounge are often friendly and accomodating.

GUWonder May 15, 2006 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Serpentos
On a recent flight from NRT, I noticed that I entered the AF arrival lounge right after a a CRC member ST elite...who was in coach.
I've always been told before that only F/C or Elite plus member could enter... but obviously not.
My piece of advice : go and try. AF dragons in this lounge are often friendly and accomodating.

Did you see their card and their boarding pass? Could it be that the CRC members who became ElitePlus still use their older (CRC) card?

Marylou May 15, 2006 3:03 pm

We just left CDG and the new AF lounge in terminal 2 was very nice and not very crowded. It was a very circuitous route to get there though, traverssing temporary corridors. The new chairs against the wall were so comfy, many people were sacked out in them. Flat screen TV's on the wall next to the chairs, some had news channels going in English and some had flight information.

The sign outside the door did not mention class of service as did the old one. But I did see people being turned away (Americans flying on Dl) but I didn't hear the reason. I thought it odd that the sign didn't say "espace" or First Class but I could have missed it.

The AF ladies were extremely friendly and helpful.

More about CDG... :mad: the bus thing is ridiculous. After a 40 minute delay at the gate, we were finally herded onto the bus. We sat there about 10 minutes fully loaded and then pulled out about 30 feet and promptly stopped. After another 15 minutes went by, other busses passing us constantly, an AF employee sauntered up to the door with "the paperwork" and boarded. And we were off again.

But...once we arrived at the plane, there was an announcement that it would be about 5 more minutes before they let us off but they would open the door so we could get some air. Another 15 minutes we saw the cleaning crew slowly working their way down the steps and we finally were able to get off.

After all that, we arrived in Atl right on time.

Serpentos May 16, 2006 11:13 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Did you see their card and their boarding pass? Could it be that the CRC members who became ElitePlus still use their older (CRC) card?

Good point !
I only saw his gold card... And the lounge dragon looked at it and just asked "what city do you come from ?"...
After a quick "NRT" reply, she smiled at him and let him go in. ^

Serpentos May 16, 2006 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Marylou
More about CDG... :mad: the bus thing is ridiculous. After a 40 minute delay at the gate, we were finally herded onto the bus. We sat there about 10 minutes fully loaded and then pulled out about 30 feet and promptly stopped. After another 15 minutes went by, other busses passing us constantly, an AF employee sauntered up to the door with "the paperwork" and boarded. And we were off again.

There is a sticky in the Flying Blue forum about CDG, to avoid ritual nuisances...
Generally speaking, dont take the bus ! I always walk and the longest way I have ever experienced took me 20 minutes.

Marylou May 16, 2006 1:13 pm

There is a sticky in the Flying Blue forum about CDG, to avoid ritual nuisances...
Generally speaking, dont take the bus ! I always walk and the longest way I have ever experienced took me 20 minutes.

We all discussed how much quicker it would have been to walk, but that wasn't an option. How do you not take the bus? They herded us out the door of the gate area and onto the bus. They don't let you walk about outside. After they've scanned your boarding pass they don't let you out of their sight till you get on the plane.

Hopefully, that will be a non-issue once the E terminal is repaired. As it is now, DL metal is relegated to the outer tarmac, waaaaay away from the gate you have listed on your boarding pass. AF gets to park by the gate. Thus the bus issue. (Maybe we're talking about different bus issues?)

Hawk Circle May 16, 2006 1:53 pm

We just left CDG and the new AF lounge in terminal 2 was very nice and not very crowded. It was a very circuitous route to get there though, traverssing temporary corridors. The new chairs against the wall were so comfy, many people were sacked out in them. Flat screen TV's on the wall next to the chairs, some had news channels going in English and some had flight information.

The sign outside the door did not mention class of service as did the old one. But I did see people being turned away (Americans flying on Dl) but I didn't hear the reason. I thought it odd that the sign didn't say "espace" or First Class but I could have missed it.

The AF ladies were extremely friendly and helpful.

Marylou:
I notice you list yourself as a Delta FO (silver medallion) and that makes me curious about how you accessed the AF lounge. Are you a Delta CRC member? Were you flying Delta BE or coach?

GUWonder May 16, 2006 2:08 pm

I too now almost always do a landside transfer. It's far less painful at CDG. And it's nice to even get a bit of "fresh" air outside.

RamAir May 16, 2006 3:27 pm

What is you are SkyTeam Elite, CRC and flying AF - but in Y?
SR

clarence5ybr May 16, 2006 3:34 pm

How do you not take the bus?

I think a couple of other posters got confused as to which bus you were talking about. There are busses that shuttle between the various terminals at CDG, and the other posters are correct that it is typically much nicer (and often just as quick or quicker) to do the transfer on foot.

You are correct that for flights that don't board via jetway, you must take the bus to get to the plane--they don't just let you wander off on your own.