Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL AMEX triple miles for Shell gas purchases.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2002, 7:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

DL AMEX triple miles for Shell gas purchases.

I received a notice today that from Oct 1 - dec 31 ,2002 I will get triple miles on all SHELL gas station purchases. This is a total waste for me as i never purchase from SHELL.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
So, what is your point?
Old Oct 3, 2002, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
How about letting others know about it? Thank you, debo_nair. I will be sure to buy Shell gas for the rest of the year.

Bruce
Old Oct 3, 2002, 6:39 am

Location: TPA, DL PM, UA Premier Exec, Hilton & Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz FS, Avis PS
(Rhetorical question) So during October would I get six times the miles for purchasing Shell Gas with my DL AMEX?
Old Oct 3, 2002, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Bruce, I think that NoStressHere was referring to the negative comment at the end of debo_nair's post. There was no need for it.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
OK. It seems to be targeted, anyway (and I was NOT targeted!).

Bruce
Old Oct 3, 2002, 11:04 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
So, what is your point?</font>
Didn't you know the world revolves around debo_nair?
Old Oct 3, 2002, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

We all get or hear of various promotions that are of no value to us, because we either do not fly to the given city, or buy the mentioned gas or food. Or not looking for a new mortgage, or planning to open a retirement account, or planning to switch telephone companies, or ready to buy a nextel phone, or.......

Meanwhile, thanks for letting us know about the promo. Maybe someone can take advantage of it.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 1:52 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> This is a total waste for me as i never purchase from SHELL.[/B]</font>
Why not? There are Shell stations in the L.A. area. The Apartheid boycott against Shell should be over by now. They are removing MTBE from their gas:

http://sanjose.bizjournals.com/sanjo...9/daily48.html

and besides, the gasoline sold at the various branded stations usually comes from the same wholesaler/refinery. Your local station is almost always locally owned; the owner just uses, in this case Shell, as a means to process credit cards, get his station equipped/serviced, etc.

Oh, and BTW, at last Sunday's "Worldfest" in Woodley Park the only big oil company that was showing off its solar panels was Shell.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HeHateY:
</font>
XFL fan?

[This message has been edited by empedocles (edited 10-03-2002).]
Old Oct 7, 2002, 11:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by debo_nair:
I received a notice today that from Oct 1 - dec 31 ,2002 I will get triple miles on all SHELL gas station purchases. </font>

I received a card that offered triple miles when I use my Amex at any Texaco station. It seems like they are targetting different groups with different gas stations. I guess it is time to take it to the star for a couple months.

Old Oct 7, 2002, 1:50 pm

debo_nair
Is there a promotional code, or website link available?
I searched delta's website and got zilch
thanks

[This message has been edited by doug 2205 (edited 10-07-2002).]
Old Oct 7, 2002, 2:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Its targetted promo. No need to register.

Yesterday I am received another triple miles promotion when i buy vacation package from Walt Disney using my DELTA cc.

[This message has been edited by debo_nair (edited 10-07-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.