$20 for a RECEIPT, they have crossed the line

Old Sep 16, 02, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SW, Hilton, , UAL plebe, AA plebe
$20 for a RECEIPT, they have crossed the line

I tried to get a copy of a receipt from an eticketed flight last week. They have the B***S to demand $20 to print a receipt!

After two BS "explanations" as to how my record has now made its way into "the ARCHIVES", I stated point blank that I refuse to pay for a receipt (money that I paid them!!!). I spoke with two lackeys, and I eventually hung up while waiting for an "empowered" supervisor. (By the way, the archive thing is probably true, but a screen print is just a screen print....).

So, sorry Delta, Amex has already agreed to assist and dispute the charge, until a receipt is provided (my employer only accepts airline receipts, the Amex statement won't work....).

Too bad their customer service has degenerated to this petty level. I will be petty also....hope you all enjoy waiting for the payment!!!!

I for one am sick and tired of the BS add-ons, including the change fee, the $75 fee each way to put my cat in a bag and put her under the seat, etc....
Old Sep 16, 02, 7:17 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); soon formerly LEXington, KY; otherwise around and about
Programs: DL still sort-of Elite; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Switch airlines. It is the only language they will understand.

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Delta Flyers' Guide
E-mail on the Flyers' Guide
Old Sep 16, 02, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K
Go fo AirTrans - - - Vote with your wallet.

Old Sep 16, 02, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I agree that's one way of "payback", but it's too bad I have to punish myself to punish them.....

They have the most convenient schedule from my home (FLL), the best connecting city in relationship to FLL, nice new planes (at least the ones I usually get...), and a pretty solid record of timeliness, etc. (Don't interpret that as a token of forgiveness, by any means, just reality, unfortunately).

Just because some IDIOT (or group thereof) chooses to make these ridiculous policies, I'm not sure the best "payback" is to cut off my nose to spite my face (I think that's how the saying goes).

This is one of those cases where I will sincerely enjoy watching the idiocy and stupidity of said policies, yet regret the damage it does to the poor people who are affected by them, both employees and customers.

On another note, don't the employees ever get sick and tired of defending these indefensable rules?

Old Sep 16, 02, 8:04 pm
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I suspect that it's no fun for the employees to defend these policies. They don't enjoy conflict with passengers any more than we do. And they can recognize stupid policies just as well as we can -- maybe more quickly!

Bruce
Old Sep 16, 02, 8:10 pm

You can ask them to email it to you, I just called to ask them to email the ticket reciept to me, and it comes quicky and you can print it out, complete with routing and fare code.
Old Sep 16, 02, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Tried the email thing, they had the same response....it's ARCHIVED, and it'll cost $20 to get it out!
Old Sep 16, 02, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 10MM, BA GLD, SPG PLT, HH D
Are you talking about the "actual" passenger receipt?

If so, they are required by Federal Law to provide it at no extra charge.

Disputing your credit card is the way to go!
Imagine just how much man power they will need to appease the relentless credit card companies.
Old Sep 16, 02, 9:22 pm

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Not sure what YOUR situation is here.

But... whenever I do an online e-ticket... they still send me a paper ticket thing.
Old Sep 16, 02, 9:33 pm

If you purchased your ticket by telephone or online, the original receipt would have been mailed to the address you provided.

If you purchased the ticket at a Delta counter in person, the original receipt would have been provided to you at that time.

If you purchased the ticket through a travel agent, the TA would issue you any relevant receipts.

You are essentially asking Delta to give you a DUPLICATE receipt of what they have already provided you. I don't see anything wrong with them charging a fee to cover their administrative costs.
Old Sep 16, 02, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CO Nothing, SPG Gold
I have always received all of my Delta tickets by mail in less than a week.
Old Sep 16, 02, 9:46 pm
gsw

Programs: DL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:

You are essentially asking Delta to give you a DUPLICATE receipt of what they have already provided you. I don't see anything wrong with them charging a fee to cover their administrative costs.
</font>
If it costs them $20 to print that receipt, then their overhead is totally out of control. I agree with reasonable administrative charges, but this seems a bit steep.
Old Sep 16, 02, 10:03 pm

IIRC, when you buy a ticket at a Delta CTO you only get flight coupons, not a receipt. So while when they print a receipt it does say DUPLICATE, I'm not sure what exactly it is a duplicate of. Even if I am wrong (and I might be) $20 for a piece of paper, predicate that in some reality if you can.
Old Sep 17, 02, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not that this helps, but I have found on many occasions when I have forgotten my e-tkt rect when flying TO the US that they will give me a new one at check in whether I want it or not/ This will often occur at airports where there is outgoing immigration control. It seems that a "ticket" is still part of the regulations in many countries and that therefore they must provide you with one.

One thing you did not specify.......Did you ever have a receipt? Or had you NEVER received one?
Old Sep 17, 02, 2:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by the scribbler:
IIRC, when you buy a ticket at a Delta CTO you only get flight coupons, not a receipt. </font>
When your flight coupons are stapled together, the bottom one is market as NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL and serves as your receipt.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: