Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the new standby fee

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2002, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Quote by Aceflyer--"I know this is really none of my business - but, on this national day of mourning, please reconsider possibly ruining someone's career and livlihood, without knowing all the circumstances. Is it really worth it?"

--Please never underestimate the FT community. We would never attempt to ruin anyone's career, even in the best of times; certainly, not in the saddest of times. One only has to look at the post by ANDYMO99 re: AidswalkAtl **and see the subsequent outpouring of support for a DL customer service rep(Russ21atl) whose voice was muted by his supervisors. Russ always spoke courteously and never tried to push anyone's buttons. . If you review every message posted by "Jeyna" you will see that Bruce raises some very legitimate concerns.
Edited to further define "AidsWalk Atl. Link"
Link is: Support a Delta FT friend while supporting a great cause!

[This message has been edited by obscure2k (edited 09-12-2002).]
Old Sep 11, 2002, 10:08 pm

2K,

I have to disagree.

Jeyna may have entered the fray on a very touchy subject, and not been too sensitive to the FF needs, but she certainly did not deserve the treatment received.

Old Sep 11, 2002, 10:19 pm

Obscure, I never intended to question the legitimacy of Bruce's concerns. Sorry, if it seemed that way. Bruce, along with others, obviously feel a lot of hostility toward Jeyna, and perhaps justifiably so. My only intention was to ask Bruce to give it a little more thought, pondering "in the scheme of things, is it really worth it"? Do we really know Jeyna's situation? It seems to me there are a lot of things here that just don't add up.

QUOTE]Originally posted by obscure2k:
Quote by Aceflyer--"I know this is really none of my business - but, on this national day of mourning, please reconsider possibly ruining someone's career and livlihood, without knowing all the circumstances. Is it really worth it?"

--Please never underestimate the FT community. We would never attempt to ruin anyone's career, even in the best of times; certainly, not in the saddest of times. One only has to look at the post by ANDYMO99 re: AidswalkAtl and see the subsequent outpouring of support for a DL customer service rep(Russ21atl) whose voice was muted by his supervisors. Russ always spoke courteously and never tried to push anyone's buttons. . If you review every message posted by "Jeyna" you will see that Bruce raises some very legitimate concerns.
[/QUOTE]

Old Sep 11, 2002, 11:08 pm
Original Member

What doesn't add up is that people don't read...or don't understand. I am getting tired of explaining myself.
All I did was answer someone's question about whether or not they had to pay a standby fee. I told them not until after January. It was at that point that schobel decided to attack me.
I have just now read this entire thread from the beginning and noticed I had made very few posts. All I did was try to say that the airlines need to make money somehow. Then someone mentioned that I must be a Delta executive for saying that. It was then that Fannin decided to post my personal information on here. And in anger I asked how some of you would like your personal information posted since there are several DL employees on here with access to it. I never said I would do it. I just asked how you would like it. Because I certainly didn't like it!
Oh and just for the record I did find out who Mike Brooks is. He does work in Corp Security. In fact he is the manager of the "Abusive Passenger" area. Isn't it interesting that the bully of this board would know him.
Yes you are a bully. Anyone who takes the time to read all of the posts in this thread will clearly see that all you were trying to do was push my buttons to start a fight. I have done nothing wrong here and do not deserve the harrassment I have received from you.
Old Sep 11, 2002, 11:46 pm

I think all the personal attacks are getting out of hand.

I personally think that the recent changes to the ticket fees is a neccesary evil. All of the Airlines had to figure ways to decrease cost and increase revenue. This is one of the ways the airline industry has decided to do it. Delta could not add these fees if the other carriers were not doing the same.

The question of how much Delta lost in those three days is the lost every cent of revenue they were expecting to come in and they still had to pay all of their Res agents, Mechanics, utility bills, Software engineers, Managers, airport fees, hanger and building maintenace personel and many other expenses. Plus it took about 6 months to get the revenue from passengers back up to about 2/3 of what it was. They have grounded aproximately 15% of their fleet of Airplanes that they still have to pay to maintain and pay for. Their Healthcare bill increased by 16% over the last year and is expected to go up even more next year. The money they received from that Grant was about 1/3 of the loss they had last year.

I would prefer that they didn't have to take such drastic measures as cutting their employees benifits and charging their customers these fees but they ahve to survive these difficult times.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 12:39 am

well, well,

Another DL employee, I guess this new rule is very popular with all you NRSA, since it will guarantee alot of EMPTY seats.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 3:07 am
ak

After reading this thread, IMO, jeyna does NOT deserve the treatment she has received. Her job and her career should not be jeopardized simply because she expressed her opinions (which may have turned out to be unpopular with some people).

She did get a little upset when a lot of her personal details were posted on this board, but who wouldn't get upset in that situation?

Every time a new DL employee starts posting on this board, they get reminded numerous times to not inadvertently reveal their true identities via their posts. However, for some reason, a member of this board took it upon himself to post her true identity and other personal details. Does she deserve to be treated differently simply because her personal opinions on the recently announced changes (for eg. the new standby fee) don't coincide with the "customers" opinion?

Old Sep 12, 2002, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Gone

[This message has been edited by bdschobel (edited 09-13-2002).]
Old Sep 12, 2002, 5:18 am

No matter who's "right" or who "started it",enough is enough. This thread has turned ugly and one we should not be proud of.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 8:58 am

jeyna and Bruce BOTH need to take a time-out here.

Regardless what Bruce has said or done to jeyna online, she knows that the moment she posts some of his info here she is as good as fired. She knows Delta's corporate zero-tolerance policy on that issue. For BOTH their sakes, the best solution is to walk away and pretend this never happened. They can cause REAL harm to each other, which is simply not worth it for either side.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I'm willing to do that.

Bruce
Old Sep 12, 2002, 2:48 pm

[deleted]

[This message has been edited by A Delta CUSTOMER! (edited 09-13-2002).]
Old Sep 12, 2002, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by solohan4:
I think all the personal attacks are getting out of hand.

I personally think that the recent changes to the ticket fees is a neccesary evil. All of the Airlines had to figure ways to decrease cost and increase revenue. This is one of the ways the airline industry has decided to do it. Delta could not add these fees if the other carriers were not doing the same.

The question of how much Delta lost in those three days is the lost every cent of revenue they were expecting to come in and they still had to pay all of their Res agents, Mechanics, utility bills, Software engineers, Managers, airport fees, hanger and building maintenace personel and many other expenses. Plus it took about 6 months to get the revenue from passengers back up to about 2/3 of what it was. They have grounded aproximately 15% of their fleet of Airplanes that they still have to pay to maintain and pay for. Their Healthcare bill increased by 16% over the last year and is expected to go up even more next year. The money they received from that Grant was about 1/3 of the loss they had last year.

I would prefer that they didn't have to take such drastic measures as cutting their employees benifits and charging their customers these fees but they ahve to survive these difficult times.
</font>
Solohan.... at least let us know that you live in Atlanta...
Old Sep 12, 2002, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
They just stuck the Hilton Forum with a Moderator.... We dont need one here.....So cool it guys.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.