Heard Enough From Diesel? Sound Off Here

Old Sep 9, 02, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Heard Enough From Diesel? Sound Off Here

/Ignore Diesel33

Old Sep 9, 02, 6:26 pm
Suspended

But he speaks for others less shy yet equally contemptuous of we who insist PAX needs shouldn't run a distant second. Their airline is ailing and we're ungrateful. I imagine diesel's rejoinders today caused a spate of fist-pumping on Va. Avenue.

What floors me is yesterday the rules left him "unhappy" while today they're so happily embraced:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally Posted by diesel33:
I just want to remind everybody that I was just as unhappy with the new ticketing/standby policies as most of you were.
</font>
It's an ego boost to take on PAX after you stipulate your company's policy is flawed.

[This message has been edited by fannin (edited 09-09-2002).]
Old Sep 9, 02, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I want Russ back
Old Sep 9, 02, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
I want Russ back </font>
I second the motion. I might actually pay the $100 to stand by if I had to deal with Russ. OTOH, I'd much rather spill my bottled water on Diesel's keyboard than proffer my credit card.
Old Sep 9, 02, 6:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
As much as Diesel may have 'ruffled a few feathers' on another thread - I still appreciate that he/she is here and responding with a(n) (sometimes not so popular) opinion that is not cookie cutter DL upper management. In the same way, I may not always agree with a DL decision - but I prefer to have the undisclosed 'logic' behind a decsision over nothing at all.

Diesel, don't go away - you're too much fun to argue with

GMF
Old Sep 9, 02, 6:45 pm

Censorship of an unpopular point of view is never the way to go, in my opinion.

Asking Diesel not to post, or proclaiming that we're going to cover our ears and shout 'lalalalalala' so we can't hear what's being said will never result in understanding or change on either side of the issue.

We must continue to listen very carefully to what the members of the DL team have to say and, more importantly, find out why they hold the beliefs they do. It is only through discourse that we can hope to get the DL insiders to understand what we think.

We'll learn a lot more listening to what we don't like to hear than by listening to what we already know and believe.
Old Sep 9, 02, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by biometrist:

Asking Diesel not to post, or proclaiming that we're going to cover our ears and shout 'lalalalalala' so we can't hear what's being said will never result in understanding or change on either side of the issue.

We must continue to listen very carefully to what the members of the DL team have to say and, more importantly, find out why they hold the beliefs they do. It is only through discourse that we can hope to get the DL insiders to understand what we think.

We'll learn a lot more listening to what we don't like to hear than by listening to what we already know and believe.
</font>
But based on his recent slew of posts, I would say that Diesel has VERY LITTLE insight into anything that is important! Platitudes like "plan better" just show me how ignorant he is about the real issues of everyday FFs, as well meaning as he may have intended to be.

[This message has been edited by RobertS975 (edited 09-09-2002).]
Old Sep 9, 02, 7:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Starwood (Plat) and every other US program
Just Passing - I think, from your post, that you have been playing EQ too much. If you don't understand what I mean, and understand with a smile, then my assumption was wrong and there is no reason for concern.
Old Sep 9, 02, 7:09 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum | HHonors Gold | AA Gold
I can live with people who have differing opinions from my own. If we all shared the same viewpoint, this would be a cult and not a community forum.

Where I draw the line is that I prefer my information, arguments, debates, diatribes (or what have you) to meet certain minimum criteria to have value:
--&gt; based on facts (unless it is your opinion, and spelled out as such)
--&gt; logically coherent
--&gt; correctly spelled
--&gt; proofread once before hitting the "submit reply" button

Too many times in this forum (and by the poster in question) the message gets obfuscated by carelessness or haste. To me, nothing sounds more ignorant than a horribly misspelled, grammatically weak post. (When's the last time you hired someone with misspellings or grammatical errors in his/her resume?)

The message itself might be worth hearing, but I can't get through the other static in the signal to keep listening.
Old Sep 9, 02, 7:21 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Quote: "Too many times in this forum (and by the poster in question) the message gets obfuscated by carelessness or haste. To me, nothing sounds more ignorant than a horribly misspelled, grammatically weak post. "

--I agree. Thus, one has to wonder if the "poster in question" has any credibility. I find it difficult to believe that this individual would or could be in a position of responsibility, e.g. customer service, working the gate or answering customer e-mails, questions and concerns. --
Old Sep 9, 02, 7:25 pm

Diesel;
Please continue to post your opinions, observations and assistance. The narrow-minded few here who seek to silence your participation are not at all representative of the Delta Flyer community.
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by BertBamboo (edited 09-09-2002).]
Old Sep 9, 02, 7:28 pm

Do we know for sure that Diesel really is with DL? Or maybe a mole from AirTran trying to pi** us off???

I agree (with Bruce) that it appears to be silly not to let us standby for an earlier flight. At the same time, I've never understood why WN has a similar policy, but accept that they may know more than me, and maybe DL has come to the same conclusion.

In any event, I also agree that censorship is not the answer.
Old Sep 9, 02, 7:30 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Quote:"The narrow-minded few here who seek to silence your participation are not representative of the Delta Flyer community."

....and I would hope and trust that Diesel33 is "not representative" of the DL Customer Service Community....
Old Sep 9, 02, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BertBamboo:
Diesel;
Please continue to post your opinions, observations and assistance. The narrow-minded few here who seek to silence your participation are not at all representative of the Delta Flyer community.
Thanks.
</font>
Agreed, DIESEL's opinions have just as much right to be posted as any other member's on the board. As stated above, monolithic 'groupthink' is a very bad thing.

DIESEL:

On an aside though (and I REALLY mean this in a VERY friendly manner)...while nothing is more fun than a quick back and forth post-fest on an issue, slow down enough to do a quick spell/grammar check on your posts (that is why there are so many "edited by's..." under my own posts).

Please do not think that this is English Composition 101 around here, and 'believe you me' no one will chase after you for 'dangling your participle'.

But by checking for simple typo's even after you have posted, it makes your own thoughts easier to understand, and also look much more coherent (and more plausible to defend) when they are repeatedly quoted and replied to by other members in their own later posts.

And, again, please don't take this as any more than JUST friendly advice.
Old Sep 9, 02, 8:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by biometrist:
</font>
I didn't get the impression that Just Passing Thru was calling for censorship; there's a difference between censoring something (which I would define as preventing its publication or expurgating its content), and ignoring it (which I would define as choosing not to read or respond to it). Ignoring Diesel may well be the best course of action for those of us who find ourselves really irked by his comments.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: