Customer Service Q&A for "lvs2fly":

Old Sep 8, 02, 4:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Customer Service Q&A for "lvs2fly":

Hello lvs2fly, who joined 72 hours before and warned us three hours ahead of the rule/fee bombshell around dawn Thursday.

Your colleagues may think us utterly nave and delusional in this complaint avalanche. I'd love some insight. By sending faxes, emails or letters is management moved and which style wins more notice? If neither volume nor mode makes a difference, drop us a hint.

But of course five inches of copy in USA Today may mean more than five-thousand emails.

Old Sep 8, 02, 5:03 pm

fannin - I don't think it matters to management which form of correspondence you are sending to them.Unfortunately I am not that high up in ranks to be able to give you an honest answer about whether each of your comments makes a difference, however I do urge each and everyone of you to send in your comments/complaints. How else will you be heard if you don't?
Old Sep 8, 02, 5:21 pm

Letetrs and e-mails carry about the same weight. It just depends on how it is addressed, or more inportantly to whom it is addressed.
Old Sep 8, 02, 6:27 pm
Original Member

The airline employees who come on here and post really crack me up. Don't think for a minute that they are truly on your side. I have not posted on this board in years but I never made it a secret where I stand.
As for sending e-mails or calling to complain about these new changes. Don't waste your time. They will never get beyond the frontline. When you get an e-mail response that says "Your comments have been forwarded to...blah blah blah" ... they haven't. There is nobody that you can talk to who is in a position to make a change to policy.
Sometimes I think suggestions are valid and it's a shame that nobody with any authority will ever read them. But hey...that's big business and that's the way it works.
Old Sep 8, 02, 6:44 pm

jeyna - I don't think its about being on anyone's side. I don't try and hide the fact that I work for the very airline thats discussed here so I would like to think we help each other out in whatever ways we can.

As far as your letters to customer care..they are read and responded to maybe not always the response you want...but hey look what happened at USair after they received so many complaints they changed some of the policies
Old Sep 8, 02, 7:21 pm
Original Member

They are read by and replied by only frontline agents. Nobody in a position of authority will ever see the e-mails. So people can complain all they want. It won't mean a thing. Maybe USAir has a better procedure for processing complaint e-mails. But I know Delta does not.

------------------
Off the beaten path I reign
Old Sep 8, 02, 8:09 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
jeyna, it's been 4 years since you contributed here on FT...what happened?
Old Sep 8, 02, 8:45 pm
Original Member

4 years!!!!! How did you know that?? Wow. It is so nice to be remembered. I don't know what happened. I think I got bored with it. And then I forgot. A friend recently mentioned the FlyerTalk board again and I thought I would throw myself back in! So here I am.

------------------
Old Sep 8, 02, 10:01 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Well, it's not a very common handle and I just remember seeing some of your posts and then nothing. There's a lot of people that have just come and gone. FWIW, not much has changed since you left.
Old Sep 8, 02, 10:19 pm

[This message has been edited by JJM36 (edited 09-11-2002).]
Old Sep 8, 02, 10:27 pm
Original Member

Well let's see. A passenger sends an e-mail about how unhappy he is with this new standby charge. The e-mail will be routed to Online Support. Online Support will send out a canned reply outlining the new charges and why Delta feels it necessary to implement them. The passenger will get mad about the canned response and write back. Online Support will then try to send the e-mail to Corp. Customer Care who will send it right back to Online Support because they (Corp Customer Care) do not deal with such things as future date travel issues.
Is that about right?
It might be different if a passenger actually takes pen to paper and MAILS a letter to Customer Care. I honestly don't know what happens to those letters. But I can guess.

------------------
Old Sep 9, 02, 12:53 am

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); soon formerly LEXington, KY; otherwise around and about
Programs: DL still sort-of Elite; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Buy a ticket on another airline.

That is the message.

In Atlanta, switch to AirTran.

If you can't, switch to anything else.

If that is impossible, switch anywhere.
Old Sep 9, 02, 7:19 am
Moderator: Travel with Pets

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LexPassenger:
Buy a ticket on another airline.

That is the message.

In Atlanta, switch to AirTran.

If you can't, switch to anything else.

If that is impossible, switch anywhere.
</font>
Lex, how about purchasing tickets from the major discounters and send copies to Vicki's office with a cover letter saying that the new restrictive rules from DL made you do this?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: