Wiki Posts
Search

DL Bonus Base Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2002, 9:07 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

DL Bonus Base Miles

I checked tonight and still have not received the Base Mile Bonus for early August flight. Am I all alone or are there others still patiently waiting for correction?
Old Sep 2, 2002, 9:32 pm

My base miles have not posted yeteither
Old Sep 2, 2002, 10:05 pm

My double bases miles were added in on Friday, 8/30. I hope your's will get posted soon. BTW, my trip was in mid-August.

Old Sep 2, 2002, 10:07 pm
Suspended

I called SMS yesterday and they said that the developers are very aware of this issue, and are working on resolving it soon. Estimated time to resolve: 2-4 weeks. I presume that what is happening is that DL is waiting a significant period of time, now that the system is working correctly, before going back through the database to ressurect past inaccuracies.
Old Sep 2, 2002, 10:13 pm

Jimpop,

I'd like to believe you are correct...however, I just rechecked my account for a flight earlier today...they posted as bonus, not base, miles.

It appears that the correct posting may be account based. Since I was not one of the "invited" members, I'll wait a little while longer.

So far 16 segments posted in error

Old Sep 2, 2002, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Spot, did you verify the actual totals or just look at the column the numbers appeared in. My Double Base Bonus miles from flights take in early August (that have not been correctly credited) appear just like flights that I have recently taken that are correctly affecting my Base miles count.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 12:34 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Sep 15, 2007 at 6:24 pm
Old Sep 3, 2002, 1:25 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Right now with out mu Double Base Miles I am at 29,000. However, I just received 8 MSU points. With the double base miles owed to me, I would be over 30,000 ytd. I think one part of the system knows my real mielage and it is just not showing in the system we see. Otherwise, why would by MSU's post???
Old Sep 3, 2002, 4:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I have an interesting situation. Early August flights posted as Double Base but never counted into base total. Late August flight posted AND counted to double base. Emails and call to SMS (telephone tag!) have thus far not fixed the early August flights.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 5:08 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
nm

[This message has been edited by sowalsky (edited 09-04-2002).]
Old Sep 3, 2002, 7:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoCanes:
Right now with out mu Double Base Miles I am at 29,000. However, I just received 8 MSU points. With the double base miles owed to me, I would be over 30,000 ytd. I think one part of the system knows my real mielage and it is just not showing in the system we see. Otherwise, why would by MSU's post???</font>
MSUs are not tied to your Year-to-date base mile counter - that is the MSU earning counter does not reset every year. For example, in year 1, say you fly 56,000 base miles. In year 2, you will earn your next set of MSUs when you fly 4,000 base miles (i.e. 60K total).

Old Sep 3, 2002, 7:17 am

Programs: Delta PM, United Premier Executive, AirTran Elite, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold VIP, Her
I've been flying twice a week since before this promotion started. I was targeted for the promotion and my miles still only post as total miles, not year to date.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 8:51 am

I've received all my DBL BASE MILES, except for the first two segments I flew in Aug:

8/4 ATL-SJC
8/8 SJC-ATL

which makes me 4232 miles behind on my base miles total. The dbl miles posted to my account, but as bonus miles.

I'm giving Delta a few weeks before I start calling back.

[This message has been edited by Southern Traveller (edited 09-03-2002).]
Old Sep 3, 2002, 12:30 pm

FlewDFW/MSY and return over the weekend. All bonus miles posted as promised.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 1:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jimpop:
Spot, did you verify the actual totals or just look at the column the numbers appeared in. My Double Base Bonus miles from flights take in early August (that have not been correctly credited) appear just like flights that I have recently taken that are correctly affecting my Base miles count.</font>
Jimpop,

No, My Base miles total is incorrect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.