Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back...Back again...Double Base MIles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2002, 9:31 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
the wording of the 750 mile offer points both ways. the "protect your benefits" language is stronger than the double miles promo, but they do suggest the idea of bumping up a level.

how they view my account depends on when they looked. if they checked a month ago, they're worried about keeping me--i'm on the edge, but definitely behind. if they checked only the last 6 weeks, they think i'm a bump-up candidate.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 9:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
My PM, Atlanta-based number is ineligible. So is my business partners (also PM and in ATL).

My parents numbers are ineligible (they are non-elites living in Tennessee).

I called a GM friend of mine based in Montgomery, Alabama. His number is ineligible.

Based on this, I would say this is a very targeted promotion.

I also tried using the 800 number and got the message that others above got -- that the number had been recorded and was subject to verification of eligibility.

Nonetheless, sounds like the bean counters see room for a few more elites based on current trends. I guess the rest of us will have to wait until November or something.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 9:48 pm

Ineligible.

I was surprised by "Allow up to 12 weeks for base mileage to be posted to your account." Delta, as we know, is one of the fastest miles posters around. If the normal miles go to your account so quickly, what needs 12 weeks to happen?

Mark, Dallas
Old Jul 29, 2002, 9:50 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
I think we should all bombard Delta with email.

Old Jul 29, 2002, 9:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Robert Leach:
...Nonetheless, sounds like the bean counters see room for a few more elites based on current trends. I guess the rest of us will have to wait until November or something.</font>
Perhaps it's to replace the current Medallions that won't requalify next year.

Jeff
Old Jul 29, 2002, 10:47 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

--First phone call, entered my pm number--Second phone call, entered my spouse's gm number--same message for both:--Thanks for registering and will be notified as to our eligibility. Will take 4-6 weeks for miles to post--(that is if we are eligible). No e-mail about this promo for either one of us. Who is the target audience?
Old Jul 29, 2002, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

An observation here and a warning!

It looks like everyone that does the phone thing "appears" to be registered, subject to review, etc.

But, lots of people get bounced on the link.

My guess, which is with minimal education is that the online system can do an immediate lookup and accept or reject. The phone system may not be as connected to the database and can not reject.

BE CAREFUL!
Old Jul 29, 2002, 11:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I received the email for the double base. Thanks for the heads up, as I am on the road and was not looking for such an offer! I am a GM with 25000 miles YTD. I successfully registered online.

My husband has not received an email. He is Silver Medallion with 17000 miles flown YTD. I went online to register him and he got the same success message I got.

My two children are basic Medallion. When I went to register them online I got the message that they are inelgible.

For me this means that I will not have to take the 1-2 mileage runs that I may have had to in order to requalify for GM. I will probably end the year with 60K or so base miles. Reaching PM probably remains out of the question. However, I am tempted to do so during the double base promo. I know this most likely makes PM's cringe and I don't blame them at all.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 11:49 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

--NoStressHere--
What is worthy of review?
Old Jul 30, 2002, 3:09 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
got the email today. I'm glad I wont have to do any mileage runs to requalify. thanx delta!
Old Jul 30, 2002, 3:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Was able to register my wife (GM) but it rejected me (PM).

BIG QUESTION: Does anyone interpret this double base miles offer to mean that the ticket needs to be purchased between Aug 01 and Oct 15, or that a previously purchased ticket for travel during this period would still get double base miles?
Old Jul 30, 2002, 3:47 am

And just out of curiousity, why do you think an eligible individual would have to wait up to 12 weeks to have these double miles post when other double miles offers have posted almost instantly? If the extra base miles post 12 weeks after October 15, well that's in 2003, isn't it?
Old Jul 30, 2002, 3:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:

An observation here and a warning!

It looks like everyone that does the phone thing "appears" to be registered, subject to review, etc.

But, lots of people get bounced on the link.

My guess, which is with minimal education is that the online system can do an immediate lookup and accept or reject. The phone system may not be as connected to the database and can not reject.

BE CAREFUL!
</font>
The offer plainly states that bonus base miles will only be issued after eligibility has been verified, so I suspect that going through the back door and registering by phone will not work in the end.

I am very disturbed that DL would make this a targeted promo only!

Old Jul 30, 2002, 5:11 am

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I am very disturbed that DL would make this a targeted promo only!

[/B]</font>
No kidding. I have to fly it, which i would anyway, but I'm denied the same benefits as those who will eventually just dilute my benefits.

I understand the logic but am surprised nonetheless.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 5:39 am

Ineligible on web site. Phone accepted it "subject...".Pretty clear that I'll be rejected there as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.