Delta Opens First Business Elite Lounge in CVG

Old Jul 15, 2002, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Delta Opens First Business Elite Lounge in CVG

BusinessElite customers can experience more convenience and relaxation at the airport as Delta Air Lines opens its first Cincinnati BusinessElite Lounge today.

Delta's BusinessElite Lounge, located on concourse B at gate 12, will be available to BusinessElite customers on their day of travel. Elite and first- class customers traveling on Delta's SkyTeam partner airlines' also may use the lounge.

Business Elite in CVG
Old Jul 15, 2002, 4:00 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Too bad it does not seem to permit those traveling on domestic BizElite transcons to access the lounge. I guess I will have to wait for an award ticket to check it out.
Old Jul 15, 2002, 4:02 pm

I thought CVG had a BE lounge previously, but it was shuttered during 2001. I know I visited it during the year of 2000. Or, was it in Never-Neverland?
Old Jul 15, 2002, 4:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Too bad it does not seem to permit those traveling on domestic BizElite transcons to access the lounge. I guess I will have to wait for an award ticket to check it out. </font>
I thought "transcon" meant from the East Coast to the West Coast?
Old Jul 15, 2002, 4:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FLYMSY:
I thought CVG had a BE lounge previously, but it was shuttered during 2001. I know I visited it during the year of 2000. Or, was it in Never-Neverland?</font>
It was not a BE lounge per se, it was an additional concourse B CRC opening after 4:00p ( slightly before the international connecting flights arrived). BE pax could enter any of the CRCs. As a CRC, it did not offer the amenities found in JFK and ATL BE lounges (finger sandwiches, crudite, etc.)

Old Jul 15, 2002, 5:11 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Semantics... There IS one BE CVG-LAX flight... And one *could* conceivably route CVG-JFK-LAX/SFO...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FoPAA:
I thought "transcon" meant from the East Coast to the West Coast?</font>

[This message has been edited by Spiff (edited 07-15-2002).]
Old Jul 15, 2002, 6:24 pm
Original Member

A long time ago before the creation of Business Elite, there was an International Business / First Class lounge at CVG.
Old Jul 15, 2002, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dataton:
Originally posted by FLYMSY:
I thought CVG had a BE lounge previously, but it was shuttered during 2001. I know I visited it during the year of 2000. Or, was it in Never-Neverland?</font>
It was not a BE lounge per se, it was an additional concourse B CRC opening after 4:00p ( slightly before the international connecting flights arrived). BE pax could enter any of the CRCs. As a CRC, it did not offer the amenities found in JFK and ATL BE lounges (finger sandwiches, crudite, etc.)

As mentioned in another response, that space was once the international F lounge. It then converted to a CRC. It never made sense to me that DL opperated two club rooms within a stone's throw at CVG.

Old Jul 15, 2002, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
It was the old international FC lounge which was closed after 9/11. It was also one that PMs could access. Smaller than the other CRC on B but very friendly staff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.