FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   old Song Planes Headed to Jax (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/545258-old-song-planes-headed-jax.html)

jr1202sr Apr 6, 2006 2:12 pm

old Song Planes Headed to Jax

ATL-Jax now no first class.

Wonder if once they are re-configured they will begin the LONG awaited SLC-JAX route.

I have heard Jet Blue is looking into jax-West Coast as well. Should be interesting to who starts this MUCH Needed service.

Jax-Phx is also coming is the rumor. My guess that would be America West/Usair.

Orion Apr 6, 2006 3:11 pm

About two weeks ago I booked two roundtrips from Dca to Jax via Atl and I noticed an early afternoon flight into Jax from Atl that was a B757 with no first class. I was able to avoid it on one of the itineraries.

PIONEER Apr 6, 2006 4:18 pm

Am I the only one that finds it Ironic that Delta originally pulled the 757s (to send to Song) and indirectly replaced them with Shuttle planes with no first class?

Now, the 757s are coming back, and once again we have to endure mainline service without F.

I wonder how much the whole Song experiment cost DL. After failure of Delta Express, what were they thinking?

jr1202sr Apr 6, 2006 5:05 pm

Only 4 flights a day left with First class

Delta 1419
Nonstop flight

Nonstop flight

Delta 1013
Nonstop flight

Delta 1002

As I have mentioned before. Delta seems to be giving EVERYONE a chance to steal business from them out of Jax.

Dropping FLL service b/c of SWA
Dropping JFk service b/c of jetblue
And now reducing first class offerings from Jax-ATL that sure does promote people BUYING business/First coach tickets when 2 of the legs aren't that type of service.

Also, Jax has one of the highest concentration of Medallion members per its size. Also, one of the fastest growing Cities in the country.

HRDiva Apr 6, 2006 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by PIONEER
Am I the only one that finds it Ironic that Delta originally pulled the 757s (to send to Song) and indirectly replaced them with Shuttle planes with no first class?

Now, the 757s are coming back, and once again we have to endure mainline service without F.

I wonder how much the whole Song experiment cost DL. After failure of Delta Express, what were they thinking?

It doesn't matter. It's all the employees' fault. They need to have a paycut.

Flaflyer Apr 7, 2006 7:26 am

Thank the Top Brass Department

Originally Posted by HRDiva
It doesn't matter. It's all the employees' fault. They need to have a paycut.

Let us not forget: The Top Management needs to give themselves a $1,000,000 annual bonus and extra $50,000,000 added to their retirement account and 200,000,000 shares of stock for being smart enough to notice it's all the employees' fault and deciding the best money saving solution is an employee paycut.

Thucydides Apr 8, 2006 8:25 am

Oh my gosh! The horror of having to take flight from ATL to JAX that is scheduled at 63 minutes in a former Song 757 complete with leather seats and your own personal video screen!

Makes me really question why Delta does not have first class on the Shuttle service from DCA to LGA!

TravelWeary Apr 8, 2006 8:49 am

Yet, we still have F class for TLH-ATL on 737-800s and MD-88s. And, yes, flights are ridiculously short and F doesn't mean much at all.

jr1202sr Apr 8, 2006 1:14 pm

So lets just cut out ALL F seats on flights less than a hour. I am sure that is how Delta can one up the compeitition. Hell Why offer the service at all? For someone who is Tall it actually makes a BIG difference including priortity boarding and a drink. If not Why not buy a coach ticket to ATL and then pay for the BE from ATL internationally? I am sure Tallahassee Has TONS of more Business travellers than JAx. As mentioned before...Delta is DOING everything they can to discourage Business flyers (esp int'l) from flying Delta.

No more connections through FLL. No more Connections through JFK and now no more F to Jax.

Everyone other airline is eating up the routes.

monitor Apr 8, 2006 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Thucydides
...Makes me really question why Delta does not have first class on the Shuttle service from DCA to LGA!

More than that, why don't they have reserved seats in order to abate the boarding stampede that happens whenever a flight is crowded. Because of that mess, we have simply bailed out on them and started using US where the Shuttle has all reserved seats (but I will concede that the coach seats are not as comfortable as DLs, but what business travelers around here fly in coach very often?).
And don't even talk to me about Song, which is what sent us over to US in the first place.

Thucydides Apr 8, 2006 9:18 pm

Um, Monitor - It was sarcasm. I was not seriously suggesting that Delta add first class to the Shuttle. And if you are a business traveler who routinely flies the Shuttle, then you are really just flying an enhanced coach product.

As for preferred seating and boarding, isn't that one of the main things medallion is for? I don't really see this as an issue if you are a business traveller...

The point is that I can think of far worse things in air travel then to be "stuck" on a former Song 757 for 63 minutes from ATL to JAX whether you are tall or not...

monitor Apr 8, 2006 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Thucydides
...I can think of far worse things in air travel then to be "stuck" on a former Song 757 for 63 minutes from ATL to JAX whether you are tall or not...

Agreed

TravelWeary Apr 9, 2006 8:38 am

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
So lets just cut out ALL F seats on flights less than a hour. I am sure that is how Delta can one up the compeitition. Hell Why offer the service at all? For someone who is Tall it actually makes a BIG difference including priortity boarding and a drink. If not Why not buy a coach ticket to ATL and then pay for the BE from ATL internationally? I am sure Tallahassee Has TONS of more Business travellers than JAx. As mentioned before...Delta is DOING everything they can to discourage Business flyers (esp int'l) from flying Delta.

No more connections through FLL. No more Connections through JFK and now no more F to Jax.

Everyone other airline is eating up the routes.

I hear you, but my perspective is different, plus I'm only 5'7". First, there is no real competition out of TLH as evidenced by our horrible fares. Only once in a year of quite frequent travel have I flown anything but DL and often inconveniently--the options just aren't there except a smattering of NW and US flights. For personal travel, I sometimes drive to JAX to save a good chunk of money. Second, my flights are usually very early--like 6 a.m., so the drink is not important to me. Mind you I'll be first in line later in the day. And, third, and most important to me, is that I have been able to get an exit row seat on every flight out of here in coach--and I can't usually book business travel particularly early. Early boarding has never been very important to me, but I know many people feel differently.

So, although I am happy to get F when I can, I would rather see a fare reduction or better schedules. Since my move a year ago from flying out of SEA, this place has been a real eye-opener for me. I was just plain spoiled in options and conveniences by comparison.

jr1202sr Apr 9, 2006 8:52 am

Mising the point. When choosing to go INTL I would rather fly an all FC/BE ticket rather than 50/50 and will choose EVERYTIME to do so. Likewise when prices are the same to AMS from Jax...The choice will be simple. NOt Delta.

In addition to limited choices out of Jax (no more Connecting through FLL or JFK)...Just another customer lost who flies int'l routes mainly. Next thing they do will bring ASA and Regional jets to Jax.

DAL767-400ER Apr 9, 2006 12:10 pm

In addition to limited choices out of Jax (no more Connecting through FLL or JFK)...

Over 20 flights to 4 different airport are 'limited choices'?

Just another customer lost who flies int'l routes mainly.

Nevermind the fact that ATL offers more international destinations than JFK.

Next thing they do will bring ASA and Regional jets to Jax.

You do know that DL has been sending RJs to JAX for half a century already?