Wiki Posts
Search

Two Silvers -- best way to book for upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2006, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
Two Silvers -- best way to book for upgrades

my brother and his wife are both FO. they are going ATL-ANC-ATL on the non-stops this august. which is the best way to book them to maximize chances for the medallion upgrade?

they both want to be in the same cabin -- so i would think booking them together would be the way to go -- but when it is booked that way one becomes the donor and one becomes the companion on the record, even though both are FO. does that mean the companion is dropped all the way to the bttm of the upgrade list even though he is an FO? or does that designation on the website not really matter and the computer will look at them both as FO? is it better to have them in two seperate records both as FOs?

i ask because the FC cabin is wide open -- and in the past my brother as an FO has always gotten the upgrade -- but this is the first time they have travelled together?

thanks in advance (and the search tab netted no results for me)
Old Apr 1, 2006, 2:48 am

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Without having a clue as to what is flown to ANC medallion wise the best bet is to book a Y class ticket with DL ... Otherwise they will be playing the upgrade at 1 day prior to flight lottery ...

When flying with companions you fly at the level of the lowest person booked on that PNR (if I remember correctly) ... so two FOs would fly at the FO level ... however playing the gate lottery they might both get skipped over if there is only one upgrade available but there are two people to be upgraded on the PNR at the top of the list ...
Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:43 am

Booktogether if you want to fly in the same cabin; separately if you want best chance that at least one of you will get an upgrade.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
My wife and I are also both Silver, and have been for several years. We always book together so that we'll be in the same cabin. At one point we were in the gate lottery where there was one seat left and we relinquished our position so we wouldn't get split up. Made somebody else very happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.