Does Delta monitor other airlines fares?

Old Mar 29, 2002, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Does Delta monitor other airlines fares?

Atlanta to Boston has been $87 for days now with Continental. Seeing as I have a skymiles account I have been hoping Delta would post a match, but there's still is in the $174 range.
What is their general practice as to this? I've noticed them matching AirTran's fares. Do they monitor other's fares and match or just ingore?
Old Mar 29, 2002, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
ATL-BOS is on sale via DL at $75 one way at the DL website. Look at "Special Offers" on the left. Of course, those fares may not be available for the dates and flights that you prefer.
Old Mar 29, 2002, 1:17 pm

I believe the CO fare is a glitch in the BOS and DAY markets. It is a Q fare which is their second lowest fare bucket - not their lowest - and is exactly one-half of the RT fare, leading me to believe that they loaded the oneway fare accidently as a roundtrip, but never noticed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.