GG's Delta Flyers Guide

Old Mar 14, 2002, 11:11 am
Original Poster

GG's Delta Flyers Guide

With the help of GG's Delta Flyers Guide I just upgraded a dirt cheap one way ticket booked in H class. I knew there was an old Frequent Flier award that allowed mileage upgrades of fares other than Y, B, M but had no idea it took only 5000 miles.

Thanks GG, you made my day!
Old Mar 18, 2002, 2:38 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fly me to the Stars:
With the help of GG's Delta Flyers Guide I just upgraded a dirt cheap one way ticket booked in H class. I knew there was an old Frequent Flier award that allowed mileage upgrades of fares other than Y, B, M but had no idea it took only 5000 miles.

Thanks GG, you made my day!
</font>
If it was dirt cheap, why was it in H class? What was the routing and fare? Also, if it was domestic and in H, why couldn't you just use 800MSUs as a GM? If it was international, how could you upgrade using only 5000 old miles? I can't find that on the chart... am I missing it?
Old Mar 18, 2002, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andymo99:
If it was dirt cheap, why was it in H class? What was the routing and fare? Also, if it was domestic and in H, why couldn't you just use 800MSUs as a GM? If it was international, how could you upgrade using only 5000 old miles? I can't find that on the chart... am I missing it?</font>
It was a $297 one-way from LAX to TPA and while that might not sound "dirt cheap" it is $700 less than a one-way ticket from LAX to ATL. I was using this leg to construct a one-way ticket to Europe with a couple of stops along the way, and overall I think I saved at least $500 by doing it this way.

http://www.fopaws.com/FT/old_medallion_awards.html#NA

The chart has a 10,000 mile AH award which wil upgrade most roundtrip fares. Turned out DL also has an AT award for 5,000 miles that will upgrade H fares. It took some time for the reservations agent to find it but he finally did.

I could have used the 800 MSU's but this is for travel in April and I was not willing to take a chance that upgrade seats would still be available by the 72 hour window. LAX/TPA is a looooong flight in a coach seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.