mile for checking in online

Old Mar 4, 2006, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

mile for checking in online

does delta still give miles for checking in online? i did a search...but couldnt find anything...if so, how many

taking a trip from so florida to n.c. thru atlanta this week and wondering if it is worth it

thanks
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Not for a long time now.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
That doesn't mean it's not worth it to check in online. You just aren't getting the mileage bonus anymore. I always use online check in and especially the times when I have only carry on bags it really pays off when I am skipping by the million hour wait to check in the old-fashioned way at JFK, for example. I'm not sure what so. Fl. airport you're from, but it's a time saver anywhere.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:34 am
Original Poster

thank you...going from pbi...actually will be checking bags, tho we almost never do anymore...

oh well....

thanks for your help
Old Mar 8, 2006, 3:50 pm

I check-in online virtually every time I fly. If I am running late, or get held up in traffic, it is one less thing that I have to do at the airport. The biggest benefit is my seat is secure till 10 minutes before departure. It's no problem checking luggage if you have checked-in online. There is really no reason not to check-in online.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dobbsa
I check-in online virtually every time I fly. If I am running late, or get held up in traffic, it is one less thing that I have to do at the airport. The biggest benefit is my seat is secure till 10 minutes before departure. It's no problem checking luggage if you have checked-in online. There is really no reason not to check-in online.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Excellent point. Recently, I missed my first flight ever. Had I used OLCI, then I would have made it. I didn't use it because I didn't have a printer available in the hotel. In retrospect, I should have checked in anyway and then got a "duplicate" at the airport.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by indufan
I didn't use it because I didn't have a printer available in the hotel. In retrospect, I should have checked in anyway and then got a "duplicate" at the airport.
I've done that many times. It really takes just seconds to reprint a boarding pass at the airport using a kiosk. Well, really it takes no longer to just check in using an airport kiosk because you go through the same steps, but I like doing online. The point of having your seat secure is huge. That way there's no surprises when you get to the airport. Well... ya never know!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Another reason to check in online it to double check that the flight is still running, or ontime, etc.

Even with bags, still do it. It does give you extra time in case you are running late, and not just the time it takes to check in, but you may be able to beat the 30 minute rule - unless you have bags to check.

Thanks to the TSA, that 30 minutes is often FIXED. One of the few things in this government that sticks to the exact time. Showed up 28 minutes before a cross country flight one morning and they would not let us fly unless we left our bags... even though there was a whole stack of bags sitting 10 foot away waiting for the tsa to wand them. And of course, the bags could not fly alone. Six hours later and we learned all about time limits - of course this was tied to alarm clock problems for a 6am flight.

DL was holding our two first class seats. Actually got funny. Or ticket agent took a phone call while working on our reroute and then annouced to the other agents, is Mr/Mrs Stress checked in for the flight yet? I had to ask her to read the name on the two tickets in front of her. Oops.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.