Schedule Change on Award travel, can I change w/o fee?

Old Mar 2, 06, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
Schedule Change on Award travel, can I change w/o fee?

I recently had a change on an intricate award ticket. The change is only 15 mins. Can I change the routing of that particular segment without the $50 change fee? The segments in question are with partners AZ and AF.
Thanks,
SR
Old Mar 2, 06, 9:38 pm

If the change results in illegal connection times then you can absolutley change the routing without fee. If the connection is just tight, but not illegal, you might be able to convince someone to allow the change without fee, but in today's climate it's a longshot.

And before anyone chimes in saying the computer won't allow a change that results in an illegal connection let me say that I know it can happen because it happened to me recently. DL's computer made an automatic schedule change which had me arriving in ATL 2 hours after the connecting flight departed ATL.
Old Mar 2, 06, 9:57 pm

Programs: Skymiles
You may get the change

They had messed with my award travel as well, I actually convenced then to change my departure from 11am to 6am. Just continue to say there was a schedule change and they my do the same. I also got them to get rid of a 5 hour layover which resulted in the schedule change. Goodluck.

Search this Thread