Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Award Seats on Austrian Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2006, 9:28 am
Original Poster

DL Award Seats on Austrian Airlines

I apologize if this has been reported before.

We have revamped our vacation plans for next year. Last night, wife decided that she wanted to go to Vienna for Christmas. As we are well within 331 days, I was concerned with getting two biz seats over the holidays. Partner desk worked their usual magic; just took a while to find an itin that worked (AF out of ORD). One thing that was a surprise is that we are on Austrian Airlines CDG VIE. According to partner desk, they can now book us on any AF code shared flight regardless of whether that airline is a partner of DL. I don't know if this is a large improvement but it sure helped me out this time.

Marc
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:25 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Wow! This is great news! I note that AF codeshares to SEVERAL cities in Australia
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
It looks like AF Codeshares with JAL, Quantas, and a bunch of lame-sounding airlines. JAL and Quantas though... Hmmm... too bad we don't have FC AF awards any more.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:35 am

Programs: AA PLT
That must be a very recent change. I called a few weeks ago, and they would not book me on the Austrian CDG-VIE flight, nor on the codeshare CDG-SZG flight. Nice to see a change in our favor for once!
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
That is very good news. Since I gave up United, getting to VIE has been tricky and is a frequent destination.

IMHO, Austrian was not particularly nice/comfortable on TATL's, but I have had some of my most hilarious experiences on that airline. I asked "What kind of beer do you have?" The FA replied "What does it matter if I tell you?" I guess that's a 'you had to be there' experience, but It's still a running joke with my SO today.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This sounds like good news. Any other experiences with this in the past day or two?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Would this be related to what Jeff Robertson (Do I remember his name right) said to watch for in the future about AF in his online chat with FTers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.