Wiki Posts
Search

Boston CRCs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2006, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Boston CRCs

I just returned from a trip to Boston and was impressed by the new Delta terminal there (Terminal A). A big improvement over their old accomodations in Terminal C. I understand that the airport authority feels that the terminal is under-used and is pressuring Delta to allow some competing airlines in.

Apparently there are two CRCs in the terminal, one in the main terminal (gates A1 to A12) and another in the satelite terminal (gates A13 to A22). I made a stop in the CRC in the Satelite. It was nice, good view, big, and almost completely empty. I didn't get a chance to visit the other CRC. Can anyone here offer any details about the CRC in the main terminal, or a comparison between the two?
Old Feb 27, 2006, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
More or less similar... it is hard to remember which one you are in! Terminal C may have been a dump, but the CRC there was nice and comfy in a homey way... even down to the mice that ran across the carpet every now and then.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 6:40 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
I didn't know there were two CRC's. I went to the same one the two times I have been to BOS in the last year.

My CRC membership ends tomorrow, so that will be it for my BOS (or anywhere) CRC comments.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
Delta is under tremendous pressure about the new terminal A. Set aside the fact that alot of employees think it is wayy too big, and really a waste for Delta, but I read a couple months ago, that Massport actually gave Delta the threat that if they couldn't keep up with their payments, they would force DL to move back to C, and have other airlines occupy A.

Otherwise, its a fairly nice modern terminal.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
I visited the Crown Room at the satellite location for the first time last December and was astounded at how nice the facility was. It was very modern in design and had plenty of room as well as plenty of workstaions.

I wonder if the fact that it was Leo's hometown had something to do with the lavishness of it.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 8:59 pm

It does seem to be the case that Delta will be sharing Boston's Terminal A with another carrier as sson as they can find a airline that is willing to pay the rent (which is relatively high for the new terminal), and when this happens, they will likely maintain only one of the clubs.

I'd be interested in any news about Logan Terminal A, as I use Delta out of BOS a lot.

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2006, 5:17 am

I believe that there is room set aside for another airline club just adjacent to the main terminal CRC in BOS. And there are dozens of GA check-in locations... I do not think that the plan was ever to have DL be the sole occupant. But the plan did originally have provisions for international flights (AF, AZ and even DL metal) arrive and depart directly from A.

Last edited by RobertS975; Feb 28, 2006 at 9:50 am
Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by JS

My CRC membership ends tomorrow, so that will be it for my BOS (or anywhere) CRC comments.
Time to get that AMEX Platinum card. For the $400 or so annual fee you'll get free entry to DL, CO and NW clubs when travelling on those airlines (you and 2 guests or all family members)
Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:24 pm

Programs: Skyteam, Starwood, DMV Point Program
Spent an hour in the CRC yesterday, in the middle of my BDA/DCA trip. Always quite nice, and after the overcrowded madhouse that was BDA, I was quite happy for Terminal A's underpopulated status.

And yes, the CRC access is one of the top reasons I keep paying the Plat Amex fee.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:47 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Time to get that AMEX Platinum card. For the $400 or so annual fee you'll get free entry to DL, CO and NW clubs when travelling on those airlines (you and 2 guests or all family members)
But if the card costs $400, the CRC isn't really "free", is it?
Old Feb 28, 2006, 1:59 pm

Sorry, you'll get access included for your $400 or so membership fee. Since the fee gets you not just DL access, but also entry to NW and CO, its a pretty good value - although you can only use the clubs when ticketed on that airline.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 2:21 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Sorry, you'll get access included for your $400 or so membership fee. Since the fee gets you not just DL access, but also entry to NW and CO, its a pretty good value - although you can only use the clubs when ticketed on that airline.

If you were an elite on any of these airline you could buy a membership discount before 400 bucks and still have access to all three lounge networks due to thier recent updates of agreements. Anytime now, ticket no longer matters.

-Vincent
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:34 pm

I am a CRC member and will be flying to London on VS later this week. I would like to know if, as a CRC member, I am allowed access to the Sky Team elite lounge in Terminal E that services AF, VS, etc.

thanks
Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Aircfo
I am a CRC member and will be flying to London on VS later this week. I would like to know if, as a CRC member, I am allowed access to the Sky Team elite lounge in Terminal E that services AF, VS, etc.

thanks
In a word, no. A CRC member cannot use AF lounges anyway unless they are also PM. There is no deal with VS although VS upper class pax use CRCs by agreement in specific locales such as MCO. However, as a CRC member, you might try the NW club at Logan... probably your best bet to get in.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RobertS975
In a word, no. A CRC member cannot use AF lounges anyway unless they are also PM. There is no deal with VS although VS upper class pax use CRCs by agreement in specific locales such as MCO. However, as a CRC member, you might try the NW club at Logan... probably your best bet to get in.
AF and VS both use the the NW lounge at BOS. Neither have their own. As a CRC member you can obviously use it regardless of who you're flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.