FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   PM Credentials arrived (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/529080-pm-credentials-arrived.html)

DeltaFlyingProf Feb 21, 2006 8:15 pm

PM Credentials arrived

I have not seen anyone reporting that they have received their Medallion credentials.
Mine arrived today, which is a lot better than last year.

Receiving the new PMUs made me go back to look at the old ones. Two of them have expired and the remaining six expire on Sunday.
Haven't used any of them. Pretty worthless....

DeltaFlyingProf Feb 21, 2006 8:52 pm

PS: the mailing contains a Medallion Marketplace flyer. Not a real benefit if you ask me.

RunawayNFly Feb 21, 2006 8:53 pm

Guess that there is hopes that mine will arrive before the end of the month then!

BTW, what date is on your PMUs? Despite always receiving the credentials around the end of February, my PMUs are usually dated from mid to late January.

DeltaFlyingProf Feb 21, 2006 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
Guess that there is hopes that mine will arrive before the end of the month then!

BTW, what date is on your PMUs? Despite always receiving the credentials around the end of February, my PMUs are usually dated from mid to late January.

My PMUs are dated as of tomorrow. Wish you the best on yours!

RunawayNFly Feb 21, 2006 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
My PMUs are dated as of tomorrow. Wish you the best on yours!

I used the last PMU from last year for a flight on 05/12. Many times I am able to get a G class upgrade for one of the two flights. Heck! Rather than waste them completely, I may as well be guaranteed an upgrade on ONE flight!

GUWonder Feb 21, 2006 9:09 pm

I'm waiting for an international long-haul glitch fare on DL on which to use my PMUs -- preferably to EZE. ;)

indufan Feb 21, 2006 10:25 pm

PS: the mailing contains a Medallion Marketplace flyer. Not a real benefit if you ask me.

Did it have the details? How can you positively say it's not a benefit without knowning the rates?

DeltaFlyingProf Feb 21, 2006 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
Did it have the details? How can you positively say it's not a benefit without knowning the rates?

OK I'll admit I haven't seen the rates. It has no detail on the rates. But since this is only for PMs (GMs too?) who get 2 miles per mile flown, do you really think they are going to give us something so that the value of a mile exceeds 1.5ct/mile? This is the minimum at which I value miles I use for free (C and F) tickets. So yes I am guessing, but in all fairness I doubt it will be interesting, so I am not sure why they want to make it a PM benefit only.

RunawayNFly Feb 22, 2006 7:10 am

OK I'll admit I haven't seen the rates. It has no detail on the rates. But since this is only for PMs (GMs too?) who get 2 miles per mile flown, do you really think they are going to give us something so that the value of a mile exceeds 1.5ct/mile? This is the minimum at which I value miles I use for free (C and F) tickets. So yes I am guessing, but in all fairness I doubt it will be interesting, so I am not sure why they want to make it a PM benefit only.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they are using PM as a test market before they offer it to all Skymiles members or else things to be offered are such "big ticket" items that they figure on PM would have/want to burn the miles!

Gargoyle Feb 22, 2006 8:18 pm

I have not seen anyone reporting that they have received their Medallion credentials.

No sign of mine yet, but I only made PM on Dec. 30th.

I'm flying through CDG this weekend, want to be sure to have AF lounge access there. If I don't get the credentials, will the BP (which better show elite+ or I'll chat with the GA) get me in, or will a printout from delta.com showing my status help?

KLC Feb 22, 2006 8:29 pm

I'm also happy to hear that my current PM credentials might be waiting for me when I return home on 2/28, before my next flights out.

It's amazing to me how much difference being able to show the actual ID card can make. I've had a much easier time in both the CDG AF lounges and the LAX CO PC using the card rather than the BP, even though the status is clearly marked on the BP.

DeltaFlyingProf Feb 22, 2006 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle

I'm flying through CDG this weekend, want to be sure to have AF lounge access there. If I don't get the credentials, will the BP (which better show elite+ or I'll chat with the GA) get me in, or will a printout from delta.com showing my status help?

Just like for CRC, if you do not have the card yet, ask DL to make you a printout. I have found it got me into CO and NW lounges without trouble. Many lounges find the BP not sufficient.

hfly Feb 23, 2006 6:09 am

OP, You have had them a year and not used them, they are worthless because you did not use them in a year, not worthless per se (from the guy who used all TEN of his by July last year)

ClipperDelta Feb 23, 2006 7:05 am

Originally Posted by hfly
OP, You have had them a year and not used them, they are worthless because you did not use them in a year, not worthless per se (from the guy who used all TEN of his by July last year)

Exactly..I received my PMUs in March last year and they were pretty much all gone by May :(

IRISHFLYER1 Feb 23, 2006 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Gargoyle

Status should show on your ticket as SKYMILES ELITE PLUS, Make sure if it's an Partner Airlines that your Delta Skymiles Number is in the Booking