OT: Does Marta run to DL HQ Atlanta?

Old Feb 14, 06, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
OT: Does Marta run to DL HQ Atlanta?

Ok - I need to go to Delta's HQ in Atlanta... anyone know if Marta stops within walking distance? I am guessing it is either S6 or S7 station but not sure.

Thanks!
Allen
Old Feb 14, 06, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM MM - IHG Spire
Def too far to walk. You will need to pick up a bus from College Park or East Point stations. Try MARTA's website for buse routes that run to Virginia Avenue.
Old Feb 14, 06, 10:26 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by allen074
Ok - I need to go to Delta's HQ in Atlanta... anyone know if Marta stops within walking distance? I am guessing it is either S6 or S7 station but not sure.
Okay, my curiosity is up. May I ask WHY you need to go to Delta's HQ? Have they made those travel vouchers and companion certificates even more difficult to use so that now even going to the airport counter isn't good enough?
Old Feb 14, 06, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by ecaarch
Def too far to walk. You will need to pick up a bus from College Park or East Point stations. Try MARTA's website for buse routes that run to Virginia Avenue.
Or, if you are bus-averse, take Marta to the airport and hop on the Hilton Shuttle. They are happy to drop you off at the Delta gate for a couple of bucks, whereas cab drivers want the big $30 fare to downtown and despise the short haul fares after waiting in line for a pick-up.
Old Feb 14, 06, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL FO, IC Ambassador, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by allen074

Thanks!
Allen
Like stated above: No MARTA stop for the GO. The best way to get there is via ATL. Exit the South Terminal out to the hotel shuttle bus lane. Find the bus for the Renaissance Hotel... they are usually very gracious and will get you where you need to go on the North end of the field. You can also ask the same of the Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn bus. Of course, the driver will welcome any gratuity (and they will even do a pick up back to the terminal).

Good luck on your visit.
Old Feb 14, 06, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
Thank you everyone... I would have thought the big daddy Delta would be on the marta line but guess not.

I will drive to make sure I am there in time - too bad I live in buckhead

Search this Thread