Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

What do you think about the hotels they offer with 250 miles bonus ?

Old Jun 23, 01, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)

Yes, I just discovered that you can get 250 miles bošnnus each time you book an hotel (up to the 31 August) on the Delta website (it's not excatly Delta, but you can access it from the Delta.com).
But it seems to me that the choice is not large.
Did somebody had the opportunity to look at the rates and compare ?
Any good tips ?

Not sure it is purely Skymiles stuff, but I would be less comfortable to have written this in BUZZ
Old Jun 23, 01, 12:52 pm

I checked this out, and would really caution anyone who is considering using this method to try and save money or time booking a hotel.

I did some searching at random and was shocked to see they offer the Sheraton Waikiki at rates of $70 and up per night. Knowing what a bargain this would be, I went through their calendar and, sure enough, they show many dates for next March through June starting at $70. But when I go to pull up those dates to reserve, of course actual room prices begin in the $250+ range.

I checked various locations at random and failed to find any true bargains, or even any rate that appeared to match or beat what I could get booking through the hotel website or other travel sites.

If anyone has better luck than I did, I'd love to hear about it. I would be thrilled to get 250 extra miles for each hotel booking but it doesn't seem like this site is worth it.
Old Jun 23, 01, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

With multiple hotel stays coming up, I checked it out right away; eager to earn 250 miles a reservation. I was very disappointed with the website. Very poor ability to search and it pulls up all kinds of locations outside of the basic search parameter. A few hotels I frequent that were actually on their list did not post competitve rates I can get at http://www.travelweb.com

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop
Old Jun 23, 01, 1:19 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriot Gold, Delta Silver
I had a pretty good experience using this service. I changed 3 existing reservations over to take advantage of this offer. All were at Sheraton properties, and the rate was the same as the best I was able to find.

Specifically, I booked the Sheraton Inn Columbus GA Airport for $79, 4 Points in Wilmington NC, and in Fayetteville NC for $59.

I didn't find the site to be very fluid, and the selection is very limited. However, if you are familiar with the area/rates, and have a few minutes to spare, you should be able to snag some bonus miles.

Old Jun 23, 01, 10:01 pm

Will give credit where credit is due...

Checked the DL site for the Sheraton Cancun during July, oceanfront room came up $107 + tax for a total of $570 for 5 nights, the Sheraton website showed the same room at $190/nt ($173 for lagoon view).

So I guess the moral of the story is to do some checking at various sites before booking.
Old Jun 24, 01, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Did you find a more convenient way to find a hotel in the city or area you are interested in than going from one screen to the next one by selecting an area on their map.
I think that when we want an hotel in Vegas, there could be a way to write vegas or choose in a list rather then slowly selecting many screens..
I did not find yet any real bargain, but will keep having a look at it.
Nothing particular concerning the cancelling policy ?
Old Jun 24, 01, 10:51 am

felis,

there is a place on the right side of the screen that offers "top destinations" with a listing of popular US cities that will cut down on your search time. Las Vegas is one of those cities, and a good variety of hotels at varying rates are displayed. Once you choose a hotel, the individual hotel listing gives cancellation rules and fees.
Old Jun 24, 01, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for Vegas.
I should have given a different name, I was really thinking at cities that are not among the majour ones, like Taos, NM. For the one in Ohio in which I am spending most of my trips, I had to decide if it was in the down part or the middle of the state, which is not obvious.
Old Jun 29, 01, 4:38 am

Does someone have a link for this hotel booking feature at Delta? Perhaps it' because I'm sleepy, but I looked and looked, and couldn't find it...

Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 01, 5:36 am

Location: Atlanta, GA - SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriot Gold, Delta Silver
http://www.delta.com/prog_serv/places_to_stay/index.jsp
Old Dec 4, 01, 3:50 pm

Did anyone ever get the 250 mile bonus for booking through this site? We had a stay in August (booked in July), but no bonus has posted, and Skymiles reps. seem to be completely clueless about it. An email to PlacestoStay.com went unanswered. Too bad 'cause they claim the bonus offer is still available, and I could do some more bookings with them...
Old Dec 4, 01, 3:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by honu:
Did anyone ever get the 250 mile bonus for booking through this site? We had a stay in August (booked in July), but no bonus has posted, and Skymiles reps. seem to be completely clueless about it. An email to PlacestoStay.com went unanswered. Too bad 'cause they claim the bonus offer is still available, and I could do some more bookings with them...</font>
Stay w/ them a while back....a few month ago? No miles posted yet...

Search this Thread