Fast track to GM promo, here we go again.

Old Jul 18, 01, 5:35 pm
Moderator: Travel with Pets
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Fast track to GM promo, here we go again.

I just received the following postcard from DL.

Gold Medallion status is yours for the taking. You've been flying Delta quite a bit. And we'd like to thank you for it. that's why we're offering you a chance to step up to Gold Medallion status. Fly 14 segments between August 1 and October 31, 2001, and you'll earn 2001 Gold Medallion status.

To register for this offer, simply call 1-800-558-3358 by August 15,2001. Provide your Skymiles number and code 1043. Then fly 14 segments, and 2001 Gold Medallion status will be yours.

Earn Gold medallion status for 2001 - and then keep it for 2002.

If you want to keep enjoying those benefits for 2002, simply fly a total of 50,000 base miles, 60 segments, or 10 transoceanic segments before the end of 2001. That will make your travel in 2002 even more enjoyable.
Old Jul 18, 01, 7:25 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/2.9MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
I love it!
Due to the Comair strike, I'll probably only get in about 80 segments this year and get downgraded to GM.
But others can do the above and be treated the same for all of 2002.
Old Jul 18, 01, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Correct me if I am wrong, but last year the fast track segment promo carried over your GM status to this year. Now they are only giving you the GM status for this year and it will not carry over to 2002.
Old Jul 18, 01, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond, Virgin-Gold, BA-Silver
So whats the chance of a non-Medallion getting in on this deal? I'm doing everything I can to make it to Silver. I've been trying to plan a run but can't seem to find anything out of MCO.

Jon
Old Jul 18, 01, 8:02 pm

Since I've already hit GM for the year, this won't help me. Will hit PM in Nov/Dec. How about "Fast Track to PM?"
Old Jul 18, 01, 9:20 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
Yeah really! Thanks to the double miles promo, I just hit Gold. I want Platinum!

PF
Old Jul 19, 01, 12:48 am

Earn Gold medallion status for 2001 - and then keep it for 2002.

From what I gather in the above statement, it seems as if you can make gold this year, and will have it for all of '02. Then, if you want to re qualify for gold, fly a lot! (re qualification for '02 will extend into '03)

Old Jul 19, 01, 2:15 am

Programs: LH HON, UA 1K, DL FO/MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond
orix, no.
The status obtained through this promo is valid through 02/2002, and not any longer. The keep it for 2002 refers to qualif(l)ying by the regular means.
Old Jul 19, 01, 4:08 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rcs85551:
orix, no.
The status obtained through this promo is valid through 02/2002, and not any longer. The keep it for 2002 refers to qualif(l)ying by the regular means.
</font>
The postcard clearly states that you have to earn GM the hard way to continue the benefits for 2002. Basically the promotion is a short term benefit that will give you the perks of GM from the time that you fly 14 segments in the alloted time period through the end of 2001.
Old Jul 19, 01, 6:37 am

Programs: Delta Gold/2MM, Marriott Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SoFlaGuy:
How about "Fast Track to PM?" :</font>
Didn't that just end, i.e. Anniversary promotion? Requalified PM as a result of the extra 28K base miles during the promo, never requalified this early before ...

Old Jul 19, 01, 6:53 am
Moderator: Travel Bidding forum

I only travel domestic and generally to one destination for a number of days. I will be gold this year, but Plat is almost impossible.I appreciate any promotion,but I wish that they were linked to mileage like the double base one was.
One can wish.
Old Jul 19, 01, 6:57 am
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I also set a personal record, requalifying in mid-July, even earlier than in 2000, when I requalified on July 31. My ultimate total will be lower this year, however (about 125,000 vs. 153,000), because I am trying to fly United whenever I have the option.

Bruce
Old Jul 19, 01, 8:30 am

rcs85551 & Rssrsvp, Thanks! Wording is so ambiguous.

I guess I don't have to worry about this.

What gets me is...

Assume one does 14 segs during the promo period, makes GM and enjoyes it for the rest of 2001. (maybe until 2/02?) then what happens? does the person go back to FO or SM? and have to re qualify by flying 50k? What happend to the earned 800 MSU? Am I opening a can of worms?
Old Jul 19, 01, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by orix:
rcs85551 & Rssrsvp, Thanks! Wording is so ambiguous.

I guess I don't have to worry about this.

What gets me is...

Assume one does 14 segs during the promo period, makes GM and enjoyes it for the rest of 2001. (maybe until 2/02?) then what happens? does the person go back to FO or SM? and have to re qualify by flying 50k? What happend to the earned 800 MSU? Am I opening a can of worms?
</font>
I think that the wording is very clear. GM status is for this year only. If you were a FO, you go back to that status. If you were a lowly SM (no status), unless you flew enough to qualify for a legimate FO ranking based on miles or segments, you go back to SM. I would assume that you keep your 800 mile segments earned during the brief time that you were GM if you revert to FO. If you go back to SM, you are out of luck on the segments.
Old Jul 20, 01, 6:51 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Rssvp,

I have used 800 mile points after reverting from FO back to regular SM. I noticed that the points stayed in my account even after my silver expired, so I called and asked. I was told that you can use them, but the upgrade can't be confirmed in advance. You have to standby at the airport. I was able to do this a couple of times during the year I was SM.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: