Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast track to GM promo, here we go again.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2001, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kubla:
Rssvp,

I have used 800 mile points after reverting from FO back to regular SM. I noticed that the points stayed in my account even after my silver expired, so I called and asked. I was told that you can use them, but the upgrade can't be confirmed in advance. You have to standby at the airport. I was able to do this a couple of times during the year I was SM.
</font>
Thanks for the tip. That's what I love about FT, every day you learn something new.
Old Jul 21, 2001, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anative:
So whats the chance of a non-Medallion getting in on this deal? I'm doing everything I can to make it to Silver. I've been trying to plan a run but can't seem to find anything out of MCO.

Jon
</font>
There was a promo targetting non-medallions that required registration by June 19 by which flying 8 segments between 6/1 and 8/31 would earn you Silver Medallion status for 2001. Unfortunately, I don't think this was discussed much here so many non-medallion Flyertalkers probably missed out on it Sorry.

If someone wants to give it a shot anyway the number to call is 1-800-558-3358 code 1042
Old Jul 21, 2001, 8:27 am

What I'd like to see is one for golds to be bumped to plat. Now that would perk me up.
Old Jul 22, 2001, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

Don't bother calling for the SM one two messages up. After you punch in all the numbers, it tells you it has expired.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 12:18 pm

Until DL starts mixing mainline in here to MYR to supplant that pathetic ASA, I wouldn't take a deal to fly 4 segs and make GoldMed.

When your first outgoing segments and your last ones home are systematically screwed up, what good does upgrading the other flights buy you?

But...since they're trying their best to destroy AirTran and intro-ing mainline DL service in some of those markets (like VPS), there's hope.

(...Now all I have to do is get a job where I'm traveling again...)

------------------
"You can never have too much Reverb."
Old Oct 16, 2001, 11:15 am

Programs: AA CK, DL GM, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH DIA
Has anyone that signed up for this promotion and completed the segments had their new status post?

I completed my 15th segment on Sept 30th and have still not had GM post (I am a FO), I am concerned as I would like to use the 72 hour window to upgrade on a flight next week.

Emailing Delta has been no help--should I call?

[This message has been edited by jdanton (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old Oct 16, 2001, 11:20 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
I'd call right now. But I'd call there SkyMiles service center, not the reservation phone number.
Old Oct 16, 2001, 12:35 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Jeffreyt, we would all be delighted to know the SkyMiles service center's phone number... as far as I know, only the reservations agents (regular and SMS) can reach them be phone...
Old Oct 16, 2001, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Gold
I missed the Aug 15 deadline...what are the chances I could still enter? I called the promo line and it won't let me enter there.

Stinks to know I qualified on the flying end, and didn't get my act together in time to reap the benefits! Can anyone help?

Old Nov 1, 2001, 3:24 pm

Has anybody actually got the level from th e promo?
Flew 14th segment on 10/29 but nothing yet.
Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2001, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Same here. One of the segs hasn't posted yet, which doesn't look good either.

If anyone has gotten it to come through, please post!
Old Nov 7, 2001, 7:31 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Just another check back....has anyone had this promotion post?

The gold status is good only for the end of the year, so hopefully they will post soon.

(Any info on whether this was originally a targeted promo or available to anyone?) I have emailed DL re the promo but have not yet received a response.
Old Nov 9, 2001, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.