Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

CRC Access to select KL, AF, AS, and AM Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2006, 1:35 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond

Originally Posted by Press Release
ATLANTA, Feb. 8, 2006 (PRIMEZONE) -- Delta Air Lines' Crown Room Club(r) members may now visit select AeroMexico, Air France, Alaska Airlines and KLM lounges -- including those in Amsterdam; Mexico City; Portland, Ore.; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Rome; Seattle and Zurich, Switzerland -- when flying Delta or any other SkyTeam(r) airline. With this new benefit, Crown Room Club members may now visit more than 100 lounges in airports around the world.
Source
Old Feb 8, 2006, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For CRC members who are not PM, this is quite an improvement. ^^

However, since most of the listed airlines are already members of SkyTeam and relates mostly to SkyTeam airlines' operated lounges "when flying Delta or any other SkyTeam® airline", this press release seems like a lot of fluff with more "fool's gold" than real gold for PMs or other holders of SkyTeam Elite Plus status.

What's new here besides access to Alaska lounges when flying Delta or a SkyTeam airline for PMs?

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 8, 2006 at 1:49 pm
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
This is great news for CRC members who aren't PMs.

Now, where the heck is the SkyTeam asian partner (KE) in that mix??? Lounge access in ICN would be a true boon for Delta CRC members!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
What's new here besides access to Alaska lounges when flying Delta or a SkyTeam airline for PMs?
Hmm....

Since I've already been through SEA and PDX multiple times this year, this would have been better if it was announced on 1/08/06.

Oh well....better late than never.

One thing......since AS isn't currently a member of SkyTeam........it's interesting that the PR doesn't mention anything about CRC members having access to Alaska BRs when actually flying on AS coded flights.

Anyway......next month, I'm booked on a DL coded/AS operated SEA-IAD redeye.

If that means that I will have access to the AS BR......so much the better.

A.J.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Given DL-coded and NW-coded flights operated by Alaska and given CRC membership being good for access to Alaska lounges when flying DL-coded and NW-coded Alaska flights, this is an improvement.

That said -- and although I can appreciate what DL is doing for CRC members -- I just wish DL was doing a bit more for PMs than it is. In some regards it seems to me that DL knows that PMs probably extract plenty -- in DL's eyes, "extracting too much" perhaps??? -- from the "free" CRC membership and that is why DL is literally raising the cost for PMs to have CRC membership (effective next year).

CRC membership has become significantly more valuable for the coach-cabin flyers and for some others. However, for most PMs this seems to be nothing significant ... unless Alaska lounges are here to save someone's day.

DL needs to give more benefits to PMs .... and get some of us our luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.