Question regarding DL Crown room - Atl and LAX

Old Jan 20, 06, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Question regarding DL Crown room - Atl and LAX

We are flying to Hawaii with long layovers in ATL and LAX. We are senior couple - husband in wheelchair some - looking for comfort and something restful to do while waiting. Read about one day pass to Crown Room - can you use it in both airports same day? Also, do you have to be a SKYMILES member? We are not because we usually fly Northwest. Thanks for any help. Elaine
Old Jan 20, 06, 11:01 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Jul 30, 07 at 2:50 pm
Old Jan 20, 06, 11:09 am

I think the answers to your questions are: 1) no you can't use them in both places, even if it is the same day. They used to be $50/day, now they are $25/entry. This works out the same for you since you are looking at 2 entries. 2) I don't think you need to be skymiles member to buy the passes. If you do if should take more than a few minutes to sign up for skymiles.

Just a thought but since you are looking at $200 RT for access, you might think about spending a little more and buying a WC membership. That would also get you access to the CRC plus you would have it for your other travels as well as in HNL and perhaps at your point of origin.
Old Jan 20, 06, 11:14 am
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kops2da
We are flying to Hawaii with long layovers in ATL and LAX. We are senior couple - husband in wheelchair some - looking for comfort and something restful to do while waiting. Read about one day pass to Crown Room - can you use it in both airports same day? Also, do you have to be a SKYMILES member? We are not because we usually fly Northwest. Thanks for any help. Elaine
Delta has implemented a "one-visit pass", details can be found here. The cost is $25 per person, per visit. So you would need to buy one for you and your husband for a total of $50 in ATL and then again once you arrive in LAX. The old system allowed for a one-day pass, which cost $50 per person, but could be used throughout the day. In your case, the total cost would have been the same, a total of $100 for the two of you for access to two Crown Room Clubs.

Welcome to FlyerTalk kops2da!
Old Jan 20, 06, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta DM; Hilton Diamond; SPG Platinum
American Express?

If you happen to have a "real" American Express, not the ones co-branded with another company, this also grants you access at any CRC.

FM
Old Jan 20, 06, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by Flight Mechanic
If you happen to have a "real" American Express, not the ones co-branded with another company, this also grants you access at any CRC.

FM
Real Platinum / Centurion American Express, that is.

MO
Old Jan 20, 06, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Another option is to befriend a CRC member and get in as guests

Maybe post your travel dates and the times you will be at each airport and see if anyone PM's you with "friendly" help?

MO

Last edited by MachOne; Jan 20, 06 at 11:51 am
Old Jan 20, 06, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL GM
If they layovers are long I'd suggest the day pass. Day passes do not allow guests though, so you will need to buy two, unless the agent is really nice or doesn't know.
Old Jan 23, 06, 1:18 pm

A recent development is that NW WC members get access to DL CRCs and CO PCs regardless of what metal they are flying. NW has a 60-day WC membership available for $85 that will get you and your husband CRC lounge access at both airports both outbound and inbound (assuming your trip is less than two months long).
Old Jan 23, 06, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
A recent development is that NW WC members get access to DL CRCs and CO PCs regardless of what metal they are flying. NW has a 60-day WC membership available for $85 that will get you and your husband CRC lounge access at both airports both outbound and inbound (assuming your trip is less than two months long).
Correct...I got one of these recently and they're worth it!
Old Jan 23, 06, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL PM (0.9MM), MR PM, National Ex+, blah blah blah
Originally Posted by MachOne
Another option is to befriend a CRC member and get in as guests

Maybe post your travel dates and the times you will be at each airport and see if anyone PM's you with "friendly" help?

MO
Though this sounds great, I got "spanked" by a CRC agent recently for bringing in a guest that I didn't personally know. It was the young lady's first time flying and she was my seatmate. She had a bit of a layover and wasn't sure where her connecting gate was. I brought her in, showed her the "board" and went my own way. She decided not to stay and go on to her gate. The agent came over to me a few minutes later and politely scolded me for bringing her in for a number of reasons - which by the way, I agreed were valid. Just my experience and $0.02.
Old Jan 23, 06, 3:01 pm
v3

Originally Posted by javajunkie
Though this sounds great, I got "spanked" by a CRC agent recently for bringing in a guest that I didn't personally know. It was the young lady's first time flying and she was my seatmate. She had a bit of a layover and wasn't sure where her connecting gate was. I brought her in, showed her the "board" and went my own way. She decided not to stay and go on to her gate. The agent came over to me a few minutes later and politely scolded me for bringing her in for a number of reasons - which by the way, I agreed were valid. Just my experience and $0.02.
Somehow I feel there is more to this story: CRC rules allow for bringing in up to two guests - there is no requirement to know them for a certin length of time, however guests must abide to house rules including "...dignified atmosphere". Never had a problem leaving my guests or having them leave before me...
Old Jan 23, 06, 3:32 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by v3
Somehow I feel there is more to this story: CRC rules allow for bringing in up to two guests - there is no requirement to know them for a certin length of time, however guests must abide to house rules including "...dignified atmosphere". Never had a problem leaving my guests or having them leave before me...
I agree!
Old Jan 23, 06, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
How do I get this 60 day trial membership. It is not on their website. Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 06, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Originally Posted by javajunkie
First question, how "young" and how cute? Secondly, how did Delta even know that you didn't personally know her and thirdly, why do they give a damn.

I met a women outside smoking at LAX on Friday who I would have loved to taken into the CRC...but she was coming and I was going.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: