Does Delta Acknowledge Customers?

Old Jun 21, 01, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Does Delta Acknowledge Customers?

Due to a renewal of the AMEX Platinum card I got a free companion coupon. Unfortunately, my husband is undergoing treatment for lung cancer and I just had a double mastectomy for breast cancer. I wrote Delta explaining we could not use the coupon before the 7/01 expiration date and requested a one year extension. I did not even receive a response, let alone a nice one. Does Delta pay any attention to their consumers?
Old Jun 21, 01, 8:05 am
GG

Programs: Mr Hertz & I have an Understanding. ;-> HH Diamond. DL PM (woo... at least it's clearly earned!)
I wish you guys well, and maybe your situtation is extreme enough that you'll eventually get some slack, but Delta's policy is No Waivers, No Favors.

On the bright (?) side, those companion coupons aren't usually worth very much anyway, i.e., you can probably find fares cheaper than you'd end up paying using the coupon.

Anybody else got a better idea?
Old Jun 21, 01, 8:16 am
Moderator: Travel with Pets

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Email or call Nancy Fonti who does the airline news at the Atlanta Journal Constitution, her email address is [email protected] , her phone number is 404-526-5813. Perhaps she knows someone at DL to help you. At the very least, she might write a human interest piece that will force them to be flexible.
Old Jun 21, 01, 10:48 am

Programs: LH HON, UA 1K, DL FO/MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond
I wish you all the best.

I always got a response from Delta though, even on feedback on their website where I did not set the "would you like to be contacted" to yes!
Old Jun 29, 01, 11:02 pm
Joy

First let me say I sorry to hear about your situation.

Secondly, I had sent Delta a letter regarding missing miles & they never responded to that as well. I therefore called the customer care department at 404-715-1450. I asked why didn't they respond to my request & agent made a phone call. It took about ten minutes but I got the miles immediately. I was told that my letter was read but was sitting on someone's desk waiting to be entered into the computer.

Maybe your letter is sitting on someone's desk as well. Call them and see.

Goodluck
Old Jun 30, 01, 5:52 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
Along with your other friends here, I wish you the best with thoughts and prayers.

DL has always answered my emails and letters with responses. Most have been with a positive resolve in my favor, but nonetheless, they answer kindly and appreciatively...so far.
Randy
Old Jun 30, 01, 9:00 am

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
You didn't tell us how long ago you sent in the letter. It's not uncommon for a response to take 6-8 weeks...
Old Jul 1, 01, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
I have communicated many times with DL and always have gotten a response within a few days if I've used E-mail and no more than a few weeks by mail. In fact, I would rate DLs customer care service tops in the travel business.

Search this Thread