Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seems these bizelite are overcrowded

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2001, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Seems these bizelite are overcrowded

That is not the fist transatlantic flight nor the second one that I hope to get an operational upgrade, and this does not happen.
the bizelite is full, and there is no room either in coach.
I suspect that all SWU are gone, except a few ones, so are all these people paying full fare ?
I remmeber about a similar question 2 months ago, but since this time, things should have changed .
What happens to Delta ? Growing market share ?
Old Jun 21, 2001, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Remember those DEEPLY discounted BE fares a couple of months ago? Therein lies the answer to your question, I suspect.

Bruce
Old Jun 21, 2001, 2:59 pm

I think Bruce is correct... Look at the flights over to Japan, and you will find quite a bunch of empty seats, but Europe is quite the opposite.

Had I the opportunity, I would have purchased 2 or 3 discounted BizElite tickets to Europe, but unfortunately, my business takes me elsewhere during the summer.
Old Jun 21, 2001, 3:51 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
When I try to book a flight from MUC to the U.S., it always spits out the DL codeshare to CDG with connecting service. And guess what - everybody wants to fly on DL metal, not on AF metal. Almost anytime avaiable seat inventory on DL metal was significantly less than on AF metal.

And from my experience, AF staff in Paris upgrade whoever they want or know - and do not follow any written rules (at least that's my experience). They even moved people up front after more than 50% already boarded the plane...

But apart from that, I would say that the Paris flights are actually pretty full - this involves Y and J.
But do not forget, many non-revs have to go through CDG to reach several destinations on SkyTeam. So from what I have heard, the remaining avaiable seats are often filled with non-revs on the Paris flights. 10kster?
Old Jun 21, 2001, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I second all that rcs states and have to say that the SWU's are still out there. People have them in the same proportion as last year as the program only officially ended on Feb 28, do not forget that they are still valid for a year after issue. Also, CDG is the connecting point for a hell of a lot of destinations now. The fact about DL metal is true, no one wants to fly in Espace 127 (140) if they can avoid it.
Old Jun 21, 2001, 8:15 pm

Not sure if this is off topic, but just a quick comment on a recent AF flight I was on a few weeks ago. I was travelling on a Award miles business class ticket and apparently it was overbooked in economy and when i went to board at the final call announcement, the agent scanned my ticket and then issued me a FIRST CLASS (L'Espace 180) seat! Im not sure what they use to determine who gets Op Upgrades, but it was very nice to travel up front on the nose of a 744! More details to come if anyone wants to know... I'm off to catch a flight
Old Jun 21, 2001, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
All of this makes sense to me !
Thanks, I was not aware about this rush on Delta seats and the lack of interest for the Espace.
Next time, (in SEPT), I wil not dream about op upgrade...
Old Jun 22, 2001, 7:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by squinn:
Not sure if this is off topic, but just a quick comment on a recent AF flight I was on a few weeks ago. I was travelling on a Award miles business class ticket and apparently it was overbooked in economy and when i went to board at the final call announcement, the agent scanned my ticket and then issued me a FIRST CLASS (L'Espace 180) seat! Im not sure what they use to determine who gets Op Upgrades, but it was very nice to travel up front on the nose of a 744! More details to come if anyone wants to know... I'm off to catch a flight</font>
I'd really like to read if a trip report if you have to write one! I don't think I've ever read a AF FC trip report, and only a couple BC ones.
Old Jun 22, 2001, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
If you're interested, I posted a trip report on Airliners.net for a JFK-CDG-LHR flight in L'Espace 180 (before it was rebranded). It is from last September and is in the trip reports folder.

Old Jun 22, 2001, 9:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by squinn:
......the agent scanned my ticket and then issued me a FIRST CLASS (L'Espace 180) seat! Im not sure what they use to determine who gets Op Upgrades, but it was very nice to travel up front on the nose of a 744! More details to come if anyone wants to know... I'm off to catch a flight</font>

Yes, please do provide more details on their service and experience, maybe in a trip report?

[This message has been edited by STAM4NICK (edited 06-22-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.